Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Here goes. Completely untested, because I'm lazy .

For a K4 & PW1, use the binary in the K5 folder.
Attached Files
File Type: gz AccidentalIRC-0.8_p20150913-bin.tar.gz (2.40 MB, 281 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-26-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Bump to latest git
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #47
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Sorry NiLuJe, i have no idea how to use that.
Makefile, compile? What files do i need, where is the configuration gone?
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
Sorry NiLuJe, i have no idea how to use that.
Makefile, compile? What files do i need, where is the configuration gone?
Use it the same way as the directions for the original build.

Makefile, Compile? - - Not required, the binary is in the directory named in the post of that attachment.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm assuming you're using the KUAL extension, which is in another thread, but that's irrelevant.

Just replace the current extensions/irc/accirc binary with the appropriate one, as knc1 pointed out.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:18 AM   #50
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Here goes. Completely untested, because I'm lazy .

For a K4 & PW1, use the binary in the K5 folder.
Ah, phooey, 1am and nothing else to read . . . .
So I read the source code (for the first time).

The application attempts to be non-blocking while servicing multiple connections.
Only (Open)SSL is used in blocking mode
AND
(Open)SSL is not coded to handle multiple connections in blocking mode (I.E: the single SSL_CTX is not "multiple use").

The (Open)SSL parts of the code should be written using non-blocking mode (and with the appropriate tests and callbacks).
https://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#PROG10

Translation:
Application can handle multiple channels, on multiple servers, but only one of them can be SSL.
Making more than a single SSL connection at once will lead to strange and wonderful connection errors.
I don't **think** it will segfault, but the connections will be garbage.

Edit: (after seven hours of sleep) - -
Don't anyone panic, this is known to work on the Kindles.
Meanwhile, I will re-read this source code while mind is closer to being "in gear" rather than dreaming.

Last edited by knc1; 06-05-2014 at 08:25 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!

2014_07_18

And another set of binaries, from the latest upstream release.
Attached Files
File Type: gz accidental_irc-07_2014_07_18-kindle.tar.gz (1.17 MB, 240 views)
Old 08-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #52
Kartoffelr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And another set of binaries, from the latest upstream release.
Thanks for the update!

Well, i can start this with kterm, navigating to the binary and do ./accirc.
Application starts and shows some lines:
Code:
(no servers)
(no channels)
(no channel topic)
----------------------------------------------
At the botton there is a live unix time counter.

edit:
Okay, i think i managed to connect to an irc network (i see no status messages but the first line changes to the IRC domain), but then:
Code:
1407190345 accirc: Err: unknown command "join"
and when i try to change (or see) my nickname
Code:
accirc: Err: unknown command "nick"
I checked the accirc.man on the computer, but its no help for me.

All i did on the kindle disk was to create a folder and place the accirc binary for K5 (i have the PW1) in it. I think i already missed something here.

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 08-04-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #53
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kartoffelr: because those don't need a wrapper function in the client. Send raw commands with the ':' prefix instead.

(And do read the manpage, it's in there ).
Old 08-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #54
Kartoffelr

Well, i tried this, too.
When i do :join #channel, screen gets a refresh and i am back at (no servers).
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Kartoffelr: Might need to set the user quartet properly (cf. :user in the manpage).
Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #56
Kartoffelr

Sorry, i have no idea what to set there or what the "user quartet" is at all.

Maybe non-experts like me are not yet the target audience for accirc

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 08-08-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #57
neutrak
neutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud of

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
wow sorry everybody I had no idea people were still wanting this; huge thanks to NiLuJe for compiling recent versions.

so a couple things; SSL support isn't strictly necessary; it will compile and run without it, and even if compiled with ssl support you can use the /connect command instead of the /sconnect command in order to not use an SSL connect (though I'll take a look at non-blocking for that when I get a chance).

the "alias" command lets you alias userspace / commands into raw : commands, just FYI.

again yeah this was a personal project and wasn't really expected to have any users but for the moment, it's worth noting a little bit about how IRC works so you can get started.

So when you connect to an irc server it requires two things, a nick and a user line; the nick line is the name you want to have (can't give you a name if you don't send one), and a user line which it doesn't really care about you just have to set /something/; if you don't send these things then the IRC server will kick you off right away. Below is the bare minimum to get connected.

/connect irc.mr.gd 6667
:nick a_user
:user 1 2 3 4
:join #kindle-dev

The config file has recently changed so if you put these lines in a config.rc you'll want to wait for a hello message from the server before doing a join, a config.rc file might look like the following:

/connect irc.mr.gd 6667
:nick a_user
:user 1 2 3 4
/post 001
:join #kindle-dev

I'll try to support this better in the future, it's something of an old project but I still use it so it still gets development from time to time, I'm going to throw it on github shortly in case anyone notices something I did wrong.

Again, sorry for the poor support, I really didn't realize people were using this these days.
neutrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #58
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
How do I put the binary on my K4 and how do I start it (i.e. what else do I need after JB)?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #59
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wait, let me guess, there are instructions in the zip
Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #60
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

*checks*

Tags
irc, native