Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #571
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
The Sony PRS-T1 now works with 0.6.2 ...

Just one thing that I now notice ; with a title like "The secret speech (2009)", a question mark (?) in a small box is shown before the opening bracket of the year. When there's more text after the year there's another ? after the closing bracket.

I'll test later with the Kobo Touch.

EDIT: the Kobo does not show the ?, so it's probably something with the Sony's character set.

Last edited by Goner; 09-03-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #572
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Glimm

The problem with icons means that Font Awesome is not supported by your Kindle. I'll open an issue on their Github.

@Goner

I'm not sure to fully understand your problem could you send me your Calibre library to check if there's some strange characters in it.

@all

Thanks a lot to help test COPS.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #573
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I'm not sure to fully understand your problem could you send me your Calibre library to check if there's some strange characters in it.
It's not really a problem ... just looks funny. Only on the Sony, all other browsers are OK.
I'll try with a hex editor to see what the ascii code is. Where do I look, in metadata.db ?
Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #574
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
It's not really a problem ... just looks funny. Only on the Sony, all other browsers are OK.
I'll try with a hex editor to see what the ascii code is. Where do I look, in metadata.db ?
You can look in the books table in metadata.db (with sqllitestudio for example).
Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #575
Goner
Connoisseur

Ah, OK.
Nice program ! Never really used SQLite, only MySQL and PosgreSQL.

Looks like the year is taken from 'pubdate' in the 'books' table when COPS displays the book info. Seems to be the year that the e-book was 'published' not the real book.
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #576
neodago
neodago began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, I have some problem with cops 0.6.2 installed on nas4free.
I followed the instructions found on the homepage of the project and I can access from a web browser, but PHP returns me this warning: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/data/webserver/cops-0.6.2/index.php:3) in /mnt/data/webserver/cops-0.6.2/index.php on line 28"
The homepage is showed but the page is kinda "messed-up" without any image and the text is on the left (probably the templates are not loaded).
Can anyone help me please?
neodago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #577
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
First check your config:
http://<IP-server>/Cops-0.6.2/checkconfig.php

If all is OK, then try this:
- click on the icon that resembles the screenshot below
- choose default
- click on the "home" icon
- refresh page in your browser

and ...... did this help?
Attached Images

mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #578
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodago View Post
Hi, I have some problem with cops 0.6.2 installed on nas4free.
I followed the instructions found on the homepage of the project and I can access from a web browser, but PHP returns me this warning: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/data/webserver/cops-0.6.2/index.php:3) in /mnt/data/webserver/cops-0.6.2/index.php on line 28"
The homepage is showed but the page is kinda "messed-up" without any image and the text is on the left (probably the templates are not loaded).
Can anyone help me please?
Could make small modification to index.php to see if that helps :

Can you move the following block (which is at the top of this file) just after the first ?> (so just before <head>) :
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
It should help.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #579
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
COPS doesn't like Tolino

COPS (git fa4ffb4) is quite nice but I'm having a problem using it with a Tolino Shine (rough specs; latest firmware 1.1.1).

Using the Tolino's built-in web browser to go to my COPS installation, it renders absolutely nothing. Changing the theme doesn't help either.

Any suggestions on how to debug this on the server side?
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #580
neodago
neodago began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Could make small modification to index.php to see if that helps :

Can you move the following block (which is at the top of this file) just after the first ?> (so just before <head>) :
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
It should help.
Thank you very much, that was the problem!
Now the page loads correctly.
I have other problems, but I will try to solve them alone before asking for help.
thanks again
neodago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #581
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
COPS (git fa4ffb4) is quite nice but I'm having a problem using it with a Tolino Shine (rough specs; latest firmware 1.1.1).

Using the Tolino's built-in web browser to go to my COPS installation, it renders absolutely nothing. Changing the theme doesn't help either.

Any suggestions on how to debug this on the server side?
Hi,

Could check your device user agent with http://whatsmyua.com/ and post it here.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #582
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodago View Post
Thank you very much, that was the problem!
Now the page loads correctly.
I have other problems, but I will try to solve them alone before asking for help.
thanks again
Fixed on Github also.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #583
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Hi,

Could check your device user agent with http://whatsmyua.com/ and post it here.
Why do I keep forgetting important facts?! :)

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; de-de; Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 TOLINO_BROWSER_1.1.1
Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #584
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
I can reproduce the issue Philantop is having.

Had to boot my PowerPC MacBook with Safari 4

It uses webkit 533.19.4

A browser using webkit 534 works except problems with covers in Lightbox not showing (see one of my previous posts).

Does the very latest Github version make this post obsolete?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #585
Philantrop
Addict

Nope, git HEAD doesn't fix it (at the time of writing) but that commit gave me the solution anyway:

$config['cops_server_side_render'] = "Kindle|EBRD1101|EBRD1201|cybook|TOLINO";

Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology