Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
_Abahd_
_Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Help needed - USBNet/SSH

Hi there,

first of all thanks to all that stuff avaiable to fix our kindles. But i still wasn´t able to fully enable USBNet.

Im on Win7 an got firmware 5.1.2. Like told in another thread i flashed the diags partition with built-in ssh (mmcblk0p2_ssh.img) in fastboot and copied the main partition (kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb.ssh.img) with putty.
So like I understood on Kindle should everything necassary for USBNet?!

I enabled port-forwarding on my router and made an entry for ssh with IP of kindle (192.168.15.244), port(area) 22, TCP-protocol.

With simple USBNet 1.1 on kindle i activated USBNet (;un) and set a password (;un password <paswword>).

Connected to PC RNDIS Ethernet Device found, installed with Microsoft driver, set IP adress to 192.168.15.1.

Now i can connect to my kindle with putty, user: root and on kindle set password. Like here (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking) i wrote "ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.1; ssh root@192.168.15.244" and putty says "-sh: ssh: not found" and putty hang up.

I tried the last step again after enabled USBNet in diags mode. Same as above, but the kindle created a USBnet.xml in root folder:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!-- USB Net info -->
<USB_NetInfo ipNumber="15" device_NFS_path="/mnt/gen3/factory" host_NFS_path="/scratchbox/nfs/factory/" />

I don´t know anything more to do. Would be thankful for any help.
_Abahd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abahd_ View Post
Hi there,
Now i can connect to my kindle with putty, user: root and on kindle set password.
Good. You're all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abahd_ View Post
Like here (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...USB_Networking) i wrote "ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.1; ssh root@192.168.15.244" and putty says "-sh: ssh: not found" and putty hang up.
Why did you do this? You have already successfully established a connection to your Kindle.

Maybe you should just read that big red header on the Wiki page again.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert