Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm. I have python. now Im confused.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Do you still have the build.log of the failed build?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can fail another

EDIT: doh - have to be later. gotta go. BBL
Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
twobob

Hokay. This TC is not doing the business. spits out 2.7 calls?

I'll have another play and check my work is as it should be but definitely getting wrong output
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twobob: Depending on what the exact symbols you're getting are, it might need some more CFLAGS massaging . (Or... more intrusive work. It's not perfect, I know. It works pretty well for what I do, but for a fully automated system with a broad choice of packages, it might be too much work... )
Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
twobob

I was thinking of a "watered down" version.

If I could get something that was much closer to the 2007 q3 CS TC offering it would probably have more value in the Buildroot context.

so perhaps the question should be:

"ct-ng is moving rapidly on, how do we keep it usefully similar to the kindle 3?"

I believe Hawhill uses ct-ng also - I will perhaps give him a nudge and ask him for a config. Happy to put in the work to document the best practices. Guess I will go through the options again - from the beginning.

Thanks Niluje
Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@twobob: One way to do that, while keeping the tricks to a minimum, and still using a decent GCC version, would be to find the latest GCC version that can be used to build glibc 2.5. (It's still in ct-ng, IIRC. if not, it's pretty easy to fix, since it was at one point ).

I don't *think* it builds properly with GCC 4.7, but I might be wrong, been a while since I tried.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: One way to do that, while keeping the tricks to a minimum, and still using a decent GCC version, would be to find the latest GCC version that can be used to build glibc 2.5. (It's still in ct-ng, IIRC. if not, it's pretty easy to fix, since it was at one point ).

I don't *think* it builds properly with GCC 4.7, but I might be wrong, been a while since I tried.
okay. that's on my todo list then thanks

http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/cross....43/buildlogs/ is a nice list

Last edited by twobob; 12-13-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
So twobob, NiLuJe, knc1, geekmaster (maybe? he's away I guess ), what's your preference for x-compiling?
I like ct-ng.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
So twobob, NiLuJe, knc1, geekmaster (maybe? he's away I guess ), what's your preference for x-compiling?
I like ct-ng.
crosstool-ng project is dead.
Its author, Yann E. Morin, is putting in his free time working on Buildroot.

Note: Even the crosstool-ng backend of Buildroot has been pulled (by Morin) rather than continue to maintain it.

There is a fairly recent thread on x-compiling preference's here.
Hmm....
I think Aries started the thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Still using ct-ng .

Cf. kindle-x-tc-2013.10.N.tar.gz in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004, it contains (among other things) my ct-ng patches & configs.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Still using ct-ng .

Cf. kindle-x-tc-2013.10.N.tar.gz in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004, it contains (among other things) my ct-ng patches & configs.
Thanks knc1.
Wish I knew this yesterday man! I didn't realize ct-ng is dead!!! Recent version seems really recent! 2013-10-02
Yesterday, I opted for ct-ng instead of exactly Buildroot!!! Buildroot is backed up by ulibC? And it uses ct-ng too.

Thanks NiLuJe, spent long hours on building ct-ng, I guess I'll keep it. Question is: I used the sample arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi. That'll do for Kindle (esp. Kindle 3 in mind) right?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
thatworkshop
hub

By the way, NiLuJe, I strongly suggest you ask mods to change the title of that HUGE thread to: USBNetwork, Font & ScreenSaver Hacks for Kindles 2.x, 3.x & 4.x
which is just reordering of them. The reason is for newbies to this forum, they come to jailbreak their device... next word they learn is USBnetworking. See? The previous title doesn't emphasize on how important and basic this thread is.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Thanks knc1.
Wish I knew this yesterday man! I didn't realize ct-ng is dead!!! Recent version seems really recent! 2013-10-02
Yesterday, I opted for ct-ng instead of exactly Buildroot!!! Buildroot is backed up by ulibC? And it uses ct-ng too.

Thanks NiLuJe, spent long hours on building ct-ng, I guess I'll keep it. Question is: I used the sample arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi. That'll do for Kindle (esp. Kindle 3 in mind) right?
Part of the removal of the old "back end" toolchain feature from Buildroot was the conversion of the toolchain generation into true "packages".

Currently only three (with one more a "WIP") uClibc, glibc and eglibc toolchains can be selected.

Yann does do 'bug fixing' as time is available, but that is expected (by Yann) to become less and less over time.
(I am paraphrasing Yann comments over time on the BR mailing list.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #30
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Part of the removal of the old "back end" toolchain feature from Buildroot was the conversion of the toolchain generation into true "packages".

Currently only three (with one more a "WIP") uClibc, glibc and eglibc toolchains can be selected.

Yann does do 'bug fixing' as time is available, but that is expected (by Yann) to become less and less over time.
(I am paraphrasing Yann comments over time on the BR mailing list.)
I'll switch to Buildroot. Plan: Get Arch Linux ARM with awesome wm up and running on this lttle thingie.

P.S. Man "awesome" is really awesome! I'm in <3.

P.S.S. Did anyone notice, I'm gradually leaning more towards K3 than Touch devices! That doesn't look normal!!!

Tags
crosstools-ng, ct-ng, kindle keyboard, kindle3, toolchain