Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
B&N Billing issue?

So I bought two books 3 days ago:

Hunger Games
Star Wars Fate of the Jedi Vortex

Used what part of a gift card I had left, and paid the rest with my CC.

Still haven't been billed.....usually it's instant for me. I have the books, they showed up in my library, but I never even got a confirmation email about my purchase.

They are listed on my account as "Not Yet Shipped". I'm not complaining because I have my books....but it's just weird.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #2
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Others are having this problem too. I'm having a different issue. Check out this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115074

What I've found out: apparently the billing systems are talking to one another. In my instance, one timed out and declined my card. It sounds like one that lets you have the book is fine and the other that takes the money is not. Craziness. :/

PS - I love your choice of books! Vortex was pretty good and I'm obsessed with Hunger Games!
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah I didn't see that thread.

My bank doesn't even have it setup as a "pending" transaction. I'm sure once it goes from Not yet shipped to shipped I'll get charged.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
No need to worry. Barnes & Nobles has recently installed a new innovative sofware which allows them to emulate the USPS system for sending emails and bills -thus why it takes a week to acknowledge that you have purchased and can download a book, and that you will be billed for the transaction. Quite revolutionary if you ask me.
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
kansasrtamy
kansasrtamy began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
Well they have messed mine al up too. They arent using my $100 gift card that I have inthe system. They keep charging my cc and then when I call customer service they keep asking for my gift card and my PIN number which I thought was weird. Everytime I call they say they have fixed it and will credit my card and emailme, which they never have. So I am at a lost of words for the whoel thing..and dissappointed!!
kansasrtamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
wxgeek96
wxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enoughwxgeek96 will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor, iPod Touch (1G)
I did a transaction on the website last night, and it actually warned me that it may take a few days for everything to process.
wxgeek96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Yeah, my books have been taking forever to be billed, but since they're downloading right away I'm not terribly concerned. I also bought the Hunger Games this week and it showed up on my nook right away, so like you I'm not thinking too hard about it.
The only annoying thing about their billing troubles is that the electronic gift card my dad gave me for Christmas took days to show up.
They can take their sweet time taking my money, though, as long as they give me the book first.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
franklu
franklu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Don't warry about it. delayabout their system.
franklu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Ugh. I just had charges show up on my credit card for 11 books that I bought earlier this month, thinking the cost would be deducted from gift cards I entered in December.

Maybe I won't even try to straighten it out. It looks like my most recent book purchases have come from my gift cards. I still plan on buying more books in the future at the rate that I normally buy them. If those get covered by the gift cards, I suppose it works out the same.

Kinda disappointing though.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
MusingCoyote
MusingCoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Finally! got billed for the last of my books last night. If it wasn't for the fact that I want my books that I'm currently reading to show up on the home page, I'd be staying far away from the B&N store. There are less annoying places to buy ebooks.
looks like can start using my card again, without being afraid that I'll suddenly get hit with a whole stack of bills for books right after I spend all my money on text books
MusingCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #11
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
I just had three books I bought 10 days ago show up as pending transactions in my bank account (with no description... I had to look at the prices and compare to my bn account).

One issue... they're showing up as deposits. Or is that really an issue at all? :P
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
jedifarfy
Zealot

Finally, 12 days later, my $1.08 payment went through and I got to download my book. Everything should be straightened out soon. They're updating and fixing this and that. I don't think they expected nook to be AS popular as it was. :P
Old 01-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedifarfy View Post
Finally, 12 days later, my $1.08 payment went through and I got to download my book. Everything should be straightened out soon. They're updating and fixing this and that. I don't think they expected nook to be AS popular as it was. :P
Thats my guess. Lol. One of my payments went through today. But like I said earlier I got my books right away.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
jedifarfy
Zealot

I think because I didn't try to download it right away I got stuck. I had purchased it and then decided I didn't need it immediately so waited til the next day when I got the error. Now I know better: beat the payment system! :P
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

3 Weeks later.....I get billed....sheesh.