Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #16
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes. The No is the default answer. You're not being offered a chance to abort the save--saving is a given. The only thing you can change is whether or not it Mends first. It's giving you a final chance to override your Save preference setting and not Mend the code first.
Ok. Got it. Thanks Diap.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And that is exactly the message I asked if you had seen and you said "no" so now I am confused.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #18
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
And that is exactly the message I asked if you had seen and you said "no" so now I am confused.
Well, I didn't see that message in the code-like way you showed it in post #3. It was just the window like I posted in the attachment. So if the code you posted in post #3 is the same as what's in the window I attached, then yeah, it is the exact same message.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
For further reference: you never used to be able to save an epub with Sigil at all when there was malformed html present in it. You had to find the error and fix it before you could successfully save it. People lobbied for the ability to be able to save the epub in it's error state so they could fix it later. The message box with the choice you were presented with was born to grant that user wish.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #20
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
For further reference: you never used to be able to save an epub with Sigil at all when there was malformed html present in it. You had to find the error and fix it before you could successfully save it. People lobbied for the ability to be able to save the epub in it's error state so they could fix it later. The message box with the choice you were presented with was born to grant that user wish.
Ok. That's good to know. I'll just have to pay close attention to that Preview window for an error message, as certainly, I never want to save a malformed html.

And I must not have saved a malformed .html because when you do, Sigil gives you a warning that you did so when you re-open the file. So I think my .epub that I was concerned about is in good shape.
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
And I must not have saved a malformed .html because when you do, Sigil gives you a warning that you did so when you re-open the file. So I think my .epub that I was concerned about is in good shape.
That's a fairly safe assumption.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Yes, it'll display an approximate location. As KevinH has already suggested, you might want to enable the Preview window, because it'll immediately display a red warning if something is wrong with the HTML code. For example:

The actual chances are rather slim, but there is a theoretical possibility that you might lose some text.
My old friend, the PSO'D! Ah, memories....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote