Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-14-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
karc04
karc04 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can I transfer my Kobo data?

I have a Kobo Arc, so I'm using the Kobo app.

I've got over 1000+ books on there, and hours and hours of reading stats.

I was wondering if I could transfer all those imported books and reading stats data onto an android tablet with a Kobo app? I'm getting a new tablet but I dont want to lose all that data

If anyone can help! Thank you!
karc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I haven't done this, but some of it will just transfer. Things like the reading status and any bookmarks are designed to transfer automatically to the other Kobo apps and devices. But, I don't know about all of the other reading stats. If you have another Android device, you can install the app and see what happens. Or try the iOS app on an iPhone.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #3
karc04
karc04 began at the beginning.

Device: none
what about all the books i have imported?

cant i just copy paste some folder from my kobo arc onto my new android tablet and bam i have the same kobo books and stats i did in my kobo arc?
karc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:32 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Maybe, but I doubt it. The directory will be there. But, it is very likely that a key of some sort has been generated using something unique to the device. Moving this to another device will probably not work. There is no harm in trying it, but I have no idea how the Arc or the Kobo Android app store things.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #5
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
If you really want a complete transfer, you may have to root the device.
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert