Notices

Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
ok.

I'm calm again.

It's just this snakeoil feeling i get every time someone talks about mac filtering and/or wep encryption. (b_k explained the problem with mac filtering, wep also gives only a feeling of security)

And insisting on keeping those if they make problems and asking for a work-around instead of disabling them makes me itchy.

But it's true, they should add the wireless mac, just like the wired mac on the sticker on the back. Or just add the info in the settings page.

It's just nowhere near the top of the list with my priorities.

And concerning borderline marginal questions: I would never beat someone up because of it

Nonetheless, you got the answer to your question in the first response:
Quote:
Is not easy to find.
The rest of the thread was the question how you might do this anyway, and why you try to figure it out before actually trying it with an iliad. Ok, and, to be honest, some flames.

So, peace?
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #17
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I am really confused how i was able to connect to my WLAN router then without any problems ?

Think i have to check my router (Netgear) cause MAC restriction should be enabled ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I like the calm, collected tone of the MobileRead forum, and want to keep it that way!
Couldn't have said it better
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #19
donkaarlos
Junior Iliad User
donkaarlos began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad GONE - kindle & Kyobo
Thanks! I was as simple as could be and thought, that the MAC address on the back is the one to use with wlan.

However, when connecting to my wlan ín unprotected mode with no WEP or MAC filters 00 16 41 ... MAC code showed up on my wlan maintenance screen (wheras the one on the back starts with 00 16 7C ..). With WEP I didn't succeed to connect. Seems that Irex is working on wlan issues for the next software upgrade. I'll try WEP again with 2.6.
donkaarlos is offline   Reply With Quote