Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
donald1
Enthusiast
donald1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
new version installed but books are gone !

Maybe somebody knows how to correct.
I installed the last version of Calibre and the books are not listed anymore. The tool is empty (except for the quickstart guide).
In the preferences did I check the path of the library, this is still ok. Also the books are still on the server (directory).

All was ok untill version 6.34. Version 6.36 and 6.37 give me this problem.

Help.
donald1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald1 View Post
Maybe somebody knows how to correct.
I installed the last version of Calibre and the books are not listed anymore. The tool is empty (except for the quickstart guide).
In the preferences did I check the path of the library, this is still ok. Also the books are still on the server (directory).

All was ok untill version 6.34. Version 6.36 and 6.37 give me this problem.

Help.
Browse to set you library path. The path is case sesitivee on some O/S's .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
donald1
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip, but I did try this.
It did not work, unfortunate.

any other thoughts ?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Thanks for the tip, but I did try this.
It did not work, unfortunate.

any other thoughts ?
Here's what I would do - browse to your library folder and make sure it has the following inside it:

1) metadata.db file
2) folders named by the author
3)books inside the author-named folders.

If all that is correct, try moving that library folder to the root of its drive and changing the name to something very simple like "library" and then tell calibre about the drive and name.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
donald1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Here's what I would do - browse to your library folder and make sure it has the following inside it:

1) metadata.db file
2) folders named by the author
3)books inside the author-named folders.

If all that is correct, try moving that library folder to the root of its drive and changing the name to something very simple like "library" and then tell calibre about the drive and name.
Sorry, it took somewhat longer then expected to double check.
However all three items are ok. The books are in the named folders and the metadata.db file is also in the directory.
Any other thought ?

Thanks
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
However all three items are ok. The books are in the named folders and the metadata.db file is also in the directory.
Any other thought ?

Thanks
Did you try the last step?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Any other thought ?

Thanks

You likely changed the default library directory when you first installed and took the default for the upgrade or vice versa. If you found the folder where your books are bring up Calibre, click on preferences and choose preferences and set the location of your ebooks on the top line.

The default location is "Documents and settings\USERNAME\calibre library
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
If that doesn't work, maybe you got a corrupted install. Maybe reinstall the older one (you did keep it right?) and see what happens.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
donald1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You likely changed the default library directory when you first installed and took the default for the upgrade or vice versa. If you found the folder where your books are bring up Calibre, click on preferences and choose preferences and set the location of your ebooks on the top line.

The default location is "Documents and settings\USERNAME\calibre library
No I did not change the default path. Double checked the preferrences (I do this always whenever I see something missing after an install of a new version of software), but nothing changed. Just the books are not there anymore, only the new startup document is available. Maybe this version overwrote my old metadata.db file ?
How can I generate a new one ?
Is it really needed to import all books again in Calibre ?

Thanks for any usefull hint or help !
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
donald1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If that doesn't work, maybe you got a corrupted install. Maybe reinstall the older one (you did keep it right?) and see what happens.
Thanks for the tip, but no I did not keep the previous version....
Maybe if I go back with system-restore. I will try to do so.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you check your "Virus Vault" and A/V log (please say you don't let it clean or delete files without asking)

have you done a computer file system search for metadata.db
with Look in hidden and system included .

just in case it was in some place different?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
In my installation, for some reason I have an empty database in "mydocs\My Calibre library". This db is not used. The real DB is in "mydocs\My Calibre Ebooks\Library\", which is where calibre's library preference points.

The folder referred to in calibre's preferences should contain both a file metadata.db and some number of folders with names that are recognizably derived from authors' names.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote