Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Firmware Timeline Update

from the shop:

July/August features
Software version 2.5
Hotspot support
Apabi format (in Asia only)
"Re-open" a file on last read page
TEMPORARILY POSTPONED. Support for an E-Book DRM format (to be announced soon)
Page-break support in HTML (instead of scrolling)
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Damn...that page break support was pretty important...believe me...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I guess the postponed flag only applies to the DRM format. Could that make you happy CommanderROR?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Yep...I can live without DRM for a while...or forever...^^
but page-breaks in HTML is something I'd love to have...ah...TODAY!
The PDF viewer is a bit of a pain, and with that feature added the HTML viewer could be really good..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

btw. It's late now and a bit dark, and I noticed that eink needs good lighting or the contrasts get a bit weak...it's readable, but not as good as paper in dimmer light....
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
Damn, when is note taking going to be implemented? I can't imagine buying one of these ebook devices without that kind of feature. Especially something as expensive as the Iliad.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

well...noteteking works..to a certain extent. You can't annotate yet, but you can write/draw on the screen...you even get lined paper if you like...
It isn't perfect yet, and the wacom features aren't really put to use, but it's a beginning.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
btw. It's late now and a bit dark, and I noticed that eink needs good lighting or the contrasts get a bit weak...it's readable, but not as good as paper in dimmer light....
Hmm. Have you tried connecting one of those LED lights to the USB port?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I don't have one..^^

but I'll look into getting one...:-)
Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 AM   #10
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
2.5 should come out the last week of this month...

Seems they are aiming at two updates per month.
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:29 AM   #11
harryo
Enthusiast
harryo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX / Iliad
I read mention of scrolling in HTML files. I see a scrollbar, but haven't been able to work out how to actually initiate the scroll.

I've tried clicking in the scrollbar, and pressing those little up and down arrow hardware keys, but no success with either of those ideas.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks.
harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #12
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Any idea when 2.6 comes out?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
next week i think
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
next week i think
very cool! Thanks.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote