Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Colours?

Here is hoping that the shipment of coloured readers comes in today! I'd love to have mine in hand by the end of the week.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Conspiracy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
"Colours.."
Have you been flying under a false flag..... Here I thought you were from the deep South, yet you "talk" like a ?!?!??!? European....

(No offense to our wonderful cousins in Europe)

But we spell "Colors" without the "u"..........

AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 09-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As much as I love my country, and my deep south heritage, I still hearken back to my european heritage and add 'u's to many words. Colour, Flavour, etc.. Although I still use the suffix -ize instead of -ise.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heritage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
As much as I love my country, and my deep south heritage, I still hearken back to my european heritage and add 'u's to many words. Colour, Flavour, etc.. Although I still use the suffix -ize instead of -ise.
How many generations back to Europe...

I'm into genealogy, and as much as I traced my family, the earliest (or should it be latest) I could trace back to the "old" country was in the 1500's.

AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 09-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
But we spell "Colors" without the "u"..........
Why restrict yourself to a single spelling of a word? The goal is to communicate and so the words used are MUCH more important than the spelling of the words:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Because part of my prep education occured in Europe, I often revert to alternate spellings and have caught grief for it consistently since returning 30 years ago. It must be that educational "law of primacy" that keeps dragging me back occasionaly to 'colours' even though I've spelled it longer the other way.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Why restrict yourself to a single spelling of a word? The goal is to communicate and so the words used are MUCH more important than the spelling of the words:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Because part of my prep education occured in Europe, I often revert to alternate spellings and have caught grief for it consistently since returning 30 years ago. It must be that educational "law of primacy" that keeps dragging me back occasionaly to 'colours' even though I've spelled it longer the other way.

Interesting, I had not heard that if the first and last letters were the same it would still be readable. I'll remember that.

As a very imaginative female, and an aspiring writer, I thought it would be inventive if a book was written such that slowly over the course of the book, the words were changed so that be the end of the book, the text was an entirely different language, either a made up language or "foreign" language.

BTW I was just ribbing griffonwing... I read enough "Victorian" romances by English authors to recognize alternate spellings...

AJ

Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
How many generations back to Europe...

I'm into genealogy, and as much as I traced my family, the earliest (or should it be latest) I could trace back to the "old" country was in the 1500's.

AJ
I'd love to be able to know my full family history, but I know very few people on my father's side of my family. I do know I'm close to 1/4 German. I'd love to travel there and see if I could track down some distant relatives. It was either my grandfather, or possibly my greatgrandfather, came from there.

Quote:
BTW I was just ribbing griffonwing... I read enough "Victorian" romances by English authors to recognize alternate spellings...

AJ

Thanks AJ! Been way too long since I had a good ribbing
Old 09-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Interesting, I had not heard that if the first and last letters were the same it would still be readable. I'll remember that.

As a very imaginative female, and an aspiring writer, I thought it would be inventive if a book was written such that slowly over the course of the book, the words were changed so that be the end of the book, the text was an entirely different language, either a made up language or "foreign" language.

AJ

I actually read a short essay (about 5 - 6 pages) exactly like this. It was long ago & I don't even remember where or who but it was interesting. As I remember it started with the letter "c" which almost always is pronounced like an "s" or "k", at which point the essay started the substitutions. Later they used the "c" to represent the "th" sound.

BTW, my grandfather was born in England & I use a "u" in some words, like "your", "our", & "hour".

Last edited by slayda; 09-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I actually read a short essay (about 5 - 6 pages) exactly like this. It was long ago & I don't even remember where or who but it was interesting. As I remember it started with the letter "c" which almost always is pronounced like an "s" or "k", at which point the essay started the substitutions. Later they used the "c" to represent the "th" sound.

BTW, my grandfather was born in England & I use a "u" in some words, like "your", "our", & "hour".
Och! You 'slay' me!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru

Ya'll all know best...

Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post

I think my speed reading dropped a little on this message.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Ya'll all know best...

...ummm, it's y'all...

BTW, is the owl for Chi-O?
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Ya'll all know best...

You used a double "ALL"! That is an illegal grammadicious error!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Ya'll all know best...

Please pardon my ignorance AJ, but isn't that redundant? 'Ya'll all' just can't be proper English. Doesn't 'ya'll' means the same thing as yous. In the North we would never say "Yous all know best," it should be "Yous knows best."
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Y'all...
Yous...
You'uns...

ain't nothing like good old American English to make the world go.. wtf?