Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
stu/d
stu/d began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Tiny little dots, like dead pixels (as it were)

Hi all,

First post on these forums, I have just recently acquired my Global Kindle 2.

When cleaning the Kindle as I had bought a nice book style case to put it in. I noticed tiny little dots on the screen, they are not dirt or anything like that. They dont come off and look like a tiny e-ink dot. There are about 3 of these around the screen and no matter what I do they don't come off.

I have tried manually refreshing the screen, turning the device on and off, doing a manual reset. I have also put full images on the screen to try and refresh the device.

However nothing works, they don't really detract from the device when in normal use, I have also seen them when cleaning the device at close range.

However I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this?
stu/d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
jkeranen
jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 505/B&N Nook
There were a few dots like that on my Sony PRS 505 but I haven't noticed any on my Kindle DX.

Like you said they were really only noticeable when cleaning the device and they didn't bother me while I was reading.

I am really picky about stuck pixels on LCD screens but the small dots on the e-ink display didn't bother me enough to get an exchange. Since the e-ink spots aren't lit up they don't really stand out.

If you decide that the dots do bother you Amazon would most likely exchange the device for you without any hassle.
jkeranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert