Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
butterfingers
butterfingers began at the beginning.

Device: PSP
Help please! SD micro problem

Someone stole my SD card and then two weeks later they returned it and all the things I had on it were wiped off. And everytime I try to go on it on my phone it says: "Unable to add default folder. Root directory full" and I can't use it. Also when I connect my phone to the PC it picks t up but it says please insert something. Please help me, I will give any additional info needed.
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You might need to reformat that card... your phone may allow you to do that. Needless to say, any data left on it will be gone.

You might also try reading the card on your PC (if you have an appropriate reader), to see if there's any file on there that could be causing the trouble. But be careful: If the ne'er-do-wells who took your card erased your files, they might have also installed a virus on it!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
butterfingers

When I try to reformat it doesn't let me, any other solutions?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
maybe its shot
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
Hi, exist a program "F-Recovery for SD Card"
http://www.shareup.com/F-Recovery_fo...oad-25896.html

for windows. I never used it so I can't tell you if it is usefull. I hope it might help you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
butterfingers

Sorry but it didn't help.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
Hi, I askes some friends and for what you say seems it is fisical damage. Anyway did you checked the write protection of the sd? here is a url with several sd problems and solutions.

http://www.retire-asia.com/microsd.shtml
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi, I askes some friends and for what you say seems it is fisical damage.
Probably why they returned it: They nuked it first.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote