Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #226
koboo
koboo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura HD 2016 Upgrade Fail

I'm afraid I need a new SD image file as well. Kobo has bailed since the warranty expired. I got the update from somewhere, but the file is corrupted. I formatted the drive, but need the image to re-create. Thank you in advance.
koboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboo View Post
I'm afraid I need a new SD image file as well. Kobo has bailed since the warranty expired. I got the update from somewhere, but the file is corrupted. I formatted the drive, but need the image to re-create. Thank you in advance.
PM sent in response to your other post.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #228
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
i'am use mac os, how can I upgrade memory kobo glo hd
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:24 AM   #229
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntson View Post
i'am use mac os, how can I upgrade memory kobo glo hd
I assume there are MAC equivalents of the tools mentioned in the first post. A post in the first page mentions the MAC DiskUtility suggesting it can be used for parts of the job. Otherwise, you can use the dd command.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #230
enukyp
enukyp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2
MiniTool Partition Wizard showing Bad Disk

Thank you Gergith for this thread!

It really helped me and I have my Kobo back from death.

There's one thing to mention, though.

The MiniTool application did not work for me. It somehow did not recognise the SD card after writing the image to it. I had to install another one which did the job (in my case: AOMEI Partition Assistant).

https://ibb.co/g1KhFk

Anyways, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
enukyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #231
tinsby3
tinsby3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank u very much for this great tutorial
tinsby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #232
tinsby3
tinsby3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Informative thread.
tinsby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:55 AM   #233
max44
max44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
i cant resize sd card after writing hd image on it. all the programs fail any suggestions?
max44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:56 AM   #234
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What do you mean by all the programs? A very dependable program for me is https://gparted.org/ also available on LiveCD/USB.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #235
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max44 View Post
i cant resize sd card after writing hd image on it. all the programs fail any suggestions?
It's probably a bit pedantic, but you don't resize the card, you resize the third partition.

The tools mentioned should work. To be able to give any more help, we need to know what the error was.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #236
max44

Ok. So i tried MiniTool Partition. When i check "extend" partition i see a popup which says that it will create an overlapped volume and operation cannot be done.
Now i try to extend with gparted. Free space which i need to add to KOBOeReader partition is located at the beginning of the sd card. Trying to extend the KOBOeReader partition gives no result. It just simply not showing avaliable free space.

No any software let me add free space from the beginning of the sd card

Last edited by max44; 11-02-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #237
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Sounds to me like you should reformat the new larger card and start over. You don't extend the user/FAT partition until you have written the cloned image onto the new larger uSD card and that should have plenty of unused space.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #238
max44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Sounds to me like you should reformat the new larger card and start over. You don't extend the user/FAT partition until you have written the cloned image onto the new larger uSD card and that should have plenty of unused space.

Luck;
Ken
Thats what i'm trying to do. Stil i cant get rid of the unallocated space at the beginning of the SD card. MiniTools refuses to extend FAT partition and other software as well. I'm trying to do that with 8 gb card as well.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #239
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max44 View Post
Thats what i'm trying to do. Stil i cant get rid of the unallocated space at the beginning of the SD card. MiniTools refuses to extend FAT partition and other software as well. I'm trying to do that with 8 gb card as well.
Sorry, I don't know what's happening. The image should get written to the start of the card. Then you can expand the last partition. I have done this with a 2GB image to a 4GB card and that's how it worked. I haven't tried a larger card, but don't remember seeing any problems being reported.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #240
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You should not mess with the "unallocated space at the beginning of the SD card" it is critical system data space, leave it alone. Part of the reason that a clone image is made of the original disk, is to have the disk include the layout of the disk is an exact copy that includes that unallocated space at the beginning. The other partitions also need to remain in the order and remain named as they were on the original. It is only the last FAT partition that you want to extend to fill the added space of the new larger disk.

You should look at the second post in this thread. Under the Spoiler button there is a series of photos describing the process, the part describing this extension of the FAT partition is for an 8GB uSD as the new card.

Luck;
Ken

Your new 8GB disk should look like this in MiniTool Partition, before starting the "Extension" of the KOBOeReader partition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewDiskBefore.png
Views:	403
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	159791  

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-03-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard