Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
HelenaJole
Connoisseur
HelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
"I'd like to read this book on Kindle" link gone?

What's up with that? I just noticed it's not there.
HelenaJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenaJole View Post
What's up with that? I just noticed it's not there.
Hmmm, I'll have to go look at that again. Yesterday I looked for that link on a cookbook I was interested in, and it wasn't there. I assumed maybe it was because it was a cookbook or something. (Off to look again.)

I'm back, and you're right. It's gone. I checked a book that I've been waiting for (Prairyerth by William Least Heat-Moon), and it doesn't give that option anymore.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Yes, I've noticed it as well. Maybe Amazon have decided it's a waste of time. Or maybe there's some evidence that it was affecting sales of the edition being shown on the page (unlikely, but you never know).
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I just went and checked and I'm still seeing the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I checked a book that I've been waiting for (Prairyerth by William Least Heat-Moon), and it doesn't give that option anymore.
I clicked on this one to request it again for you.

Last edited by wvcherrybomb; 12-08-2010 at 02:51 PM.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I just went and checked and I'm still seeing the link.

I clicked on this one to request it again for you.
This is so strange! It is just not there for me. Has it moved to a different place on the page or something? You're using the Amazon US store, right?
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
GoversAU
Enthusiast
GoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it isGoversAU knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Oasis
We've never had that option in Australia. I use this site and hope the publishers check it occasionally:

http://www.ereaderiq.com/kindlewatch/

This is good for keeping an eye on price drops:

http://www.ereaderiq.com/pricewatch/
GoversAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Like wvcherrybomb, I see the link on both the hardcover and paperback pages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tell publisher.PNG
Views:	253
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	62512  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This is so strange! It is just not there for me. Has it moved to a different place on the page or something? You're using the Amazon US store, right?
Yep. Amazon US. It's in a box at bottom left for me.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I forget what book I was looking at yesterday (I was trying to get descriptions for all of my free downloads) and I DID notice that "click here to read on kindle" note WAS available.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Like wvcherrybomb, I see the link on both the hardcover and paperback pages
It's not here! Maybe something to do with the fact I'm viewing on a netbook, without much room? But how do they know, if that's it?
Attached Files
File Type: doc screenshot.doc (184.0 KB, 227 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

I bet I've figured it out, although it doesn't make much sense! The other day I had a popup on the Amazon site that asked if I wanted to change my default view of books to the Kindle view when possible. I clicked yes. Maybe that's it?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Quote:
I bet I've figured it out, although it doesn't make much sense! The other day I had a popup on the Amazon site that asked if I wanted to change my default view of books to the Kindle view when possible. I clicked yes. Maybe that's it?
That likely is what changed although I don't know why they would take it away. I will make sure never to check that if it offers me the same. I hope you can change it back so you can still request Kindle books.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Last night I had some kind of view up on Amazon where I could see how many people had requested each book on Kindle. Now I can't remember how I got there. Does anyone know how to see that info?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Well, I certainly can't see it. I'm looking at the main US site, logged in via my US account. I've just checked a dozen or so books, and the link is definitely gone.

I wondered if I was just looking at books that are already available for the Kindle, but, on a closer look, that's not the case.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!

Nope. I changed it back and that didn't do anything.

Hey, if I've already requested it for a book, maybe it won't let me do it again? And that's why it doesn't show?