Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #30436
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Did you say a 20 year old battery? That is just stupid to think it would work.
That's what I mean; it's an handheld drill / screwdriver, and the battery is so old it can barely turn screws in hot butter, let alone drill a hole.

Quote:
Can you send him somewhere for a few days and just replace the stuff?
Impossible...

Quote:
Or I may have an idea for you. Can you just borrow something old and return with something similar and new?
Technically, I could, but that would come down to -me- paying to replace -his- old crap. My dad's not filthy rich by any stretch of the imagination, but his pension is nearly as high as my salary, which much lower living costs, so he can basically do whatever he wants. Let's say, replace the entire (35 year old) kitchen, and have it done by workmen... he would hardly notice it, financially. The money spent would be back in the bank within the year. If he can do that, I see no reason to pay to replace those tools for him.

Maybe some stuff should start to 'break'.... if you get my drift.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #30437
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
That's what I mean; it's an handheld drill / screwdriver, and the battery is so old it can barely turn screws in hot butter, let alone drill a hole.

Impossible...

Technically, I could, but that would come down to -me- paying to replace -his- old crap. My dad's not filthy rich by any stretch of the imagination, but his pension is nearly as high as my salary, which much lower living costs, so he can basically do whatever he wants. Let's say, replace the entire (35 year old) kitchen, and have it done by workmen... he would hardly notice it, financially. The money spent would be back in the bank within the year. If he can do that, I see no reason to pay to replace those tools for him.

Maybe some stuff should start to 'break'.... if you get my drift.
Hmmm. Dad I need the whatzit. Oops. Yep, that could work.
Oh and hubby just replaced our old screwdriver with a new 20 volt one.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness