Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #1066
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
OK. That make sense. I done that too few times.

To be frank implementing this pipeline to KCC would require tremendous amount of work and I don't see me doing that in the near future.

But I think that entire process can be automated will batch script. You can use Calibre plugins from command line.

Let's look on the process:
De-DRM -> Extracting images -> Embedding metadata -> Converting to EPUB.

De-DRM - Apprentice Alf plugin.
Extracting images - Kindle Unpack plugin. You don't need to compress it as KCC can use raw directory as input.
Embedding metadata - This is only problematic step. Somehow, something need to create XML file in ComicRack format and place it inside image directory.
Converting to EPUB - Command line KCC.

Metadata step can be skipped. You can already set the title using KCC command line option. I think I can add option to set author too if that would help you.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-17-2017 at 03:39 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #1067
salamanderjuice
salamanderjuice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
OK. That make sense. I done that too few times.

To be frank implementing this pipeline to KCC would require tremendous amount of work and I don't see me doing that in the near future.

But I think that entire process can be automated will batch script. You can use Calibre plugins from command line.

Let's look on the process:
De-DRM -> Extracting images -> Embedding metadata -> Converting to EPUB.

De-DRM - Apprentice Alf plugin.
Extracting images - Kindle Unpack plugin. You don't need to compress it as KCC can use raw directory as input.
Embedding metadata - This is only problematic step. Somehow, something need to create XML file in ComicRack format and place it inside image directory.
Converting to EPUB - Command line KCC.

You can already set the title using KCC comand line option. I think I can add option to set author too if that would help you.
Yea I thought it probably would be. Thanks for this though. If the ComicInfo.xml file is in the directory is that good enough for KCC to add it to the ePub automatically?
salamanderjuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #1068
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yeah.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kindle tools