Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #121
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpable View Post
And here's the spanish version of the new feature...

filter.loweronly=Filtrar solo en panel inferior

Is this short enough? If not please tell, there may be other alternatives.
Yep, I think it should be ok. Thanks for the translation, it's now included.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #122
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have one question.
In firmware version 5.1.2 with Collections Manager 1.3.3, when I put a book inside a collection through the "official option", this book is still shown in the main page. This not happens in previous versions.
Is it because of the firmware version, a bug or due to the installation of the Collection Manager?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #123
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
I have one question.
In firmware version 5.1.2 with Collections Manager 1.3.3, when I put a book inside a collection through the "official option", this book is still shown in the main page. This not happens in previous versions.
Is it because of the firmware version, a bug or due to the installation of the Collection Manager?
I'm not sure if I completely understood what you mean, but probably it's simply a matter of the homescreen settings. If you have your homescreen set to "order by" Collections, then books which are in collections are not shown on the home screen. Otherwise, they are. This is the same in all FW versions.

(But of course, you can use CM to hide them from the homescreen).
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #124
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm an idiot!!
I'm so worried due to my recently brick, that I see bugs everywhere!! Thanks!!
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #125
ixtab
(offline)

Does it work on the Paperwhite?

This is a question for the people who already own a Paperwhite, and who are adventurous enough to try this...

Collections Manager should be far less firmware-version-dependent than, for instance, JBPatch. In fact, it might work out of the box on Paperwhites. At least, substituting the Amazon libraries on the build path with the files from FW 5.2.0 (instead of FW 5.1.2) does not produce any compile errors, so it might actually just work.

To test it, you will need:
- the developer keys - need to be manually installed
- the Kindlet jailbreak (manually install it as outlined in the src/ folder) - this should install without any problems; the original file is the same on the Touch and PW.
- and of course the .azw2 file from the first post.

I would be interested to know whether it works, or if it doesn't, which errors it produces. In case of hangs or crashes, more information is available either in the system log, or in /mnt/us/developer/Collections Manager/work/ (well, at least, that's where logs go on the Kindle Touch).

Anyone?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #126
blueshiftlabs
blueshiftlabs doesn't litterblueshiftlabs doesn't litter

Device: DXG, PW1, PW5
I'd be glad to help out - once I can get this thing working! I'm having issues getting usbnet working so I can get a terminal, which would seem to be a prerequisite for installing developer keys. If I'm mistaken, or if there's an easier way to do this, let me know. (I've worked with Linux embedded systems before, but never the Kindle in particular.)
blueshiftlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #127
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshiftlabs View Post
I'd be glad to help out - once I can get this thing working! I'm having issues getting usbnet working so I can get a terminal, which would seem to be a prerequisite for installing developer keys. If I'm mistaken, or if there's an easier way to do this, let me know. (I've worked with Linux embedded systems before, but never the Kindle in particular.)
Yes, you'll need the usbnetworking running so you can manually install the rest of the stuff. Which problems are you having with usbnetwork? Let me guess: it won't install. There have obviously been some development versions (which can also install on the PW) going back and forth between NiLuJe and geekmaster, but I don't have any of these.

If anybody can repackage the usbnetwork files for the PW, make them available, and chime back in here, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll now try to build the latest version of kindletool and repackage those files myself.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
If anybody can repackage the usbnetwork files for the PW, make them available, and chime back in here, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll now try to build the latest version of kindletool and repackage those files myself.
You can find that as an attachment to the top post of the jailbreak thread (both jailbreak and usbnet both repackaged to include Kpw).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #129
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You can find that as an attachment to the top post of the jailbreak thread (both jailbreak and usbnet both repackaged to include Kpw).
Thanks for pointing it out. I only wished that it had been easier to find on the Wiki page - it would have spared me the effort to completely re-create it. (yes, I just finished repackaging it at the time of your post, and was about to upload it).

Now I cleaned up the Wiki page instead, so it actually points to the current files instead of outdated ones. And the jailbreak thread is also easier to find now.

@blueshiftlabs: Could you give it a go with that file and report back?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #130
ixtab
(offline)

(this complete post was removed because I was misinformed... errmm... because I made a mis-... ahh whatever, I just fucked up.)

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #131
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
*sigh* I just realized that the usbnetwork file from NiLiJe's jailbreak thread actually does NOT support the Paperwhite!
I must have mis-understood his post then.

It is (suppose to be) updated in his public repo with a planned release on Tuesday.

But I guess you don't have to wait for it now that you did the work yourself.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #132
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
I must have mis-understood his post then.

It is (suppose to be) updated in his public repo with a planned release on Tuesday.

But I guess you don't have to wait for it now that you did the work yourself.
Well yeah, yes and no. There's currently a great deal of confusion going on concerning what is supported and what isn't - which is somewhat normal for every new FW release, I guess. People keep pouring in, seeing a mix of both outdated and already-up-to-date info, but nobody's really sure.

Concerning the "I did the work myself": yes I did... somehow. Actually, I did the work, but not even for myself: I don't even own a PW yet. I did it for other people who do own a PW, but I have to rely on those other people to actually test it, because I can't do it by myself. And there have been about 10 downloads now, some of which must have been from PW owners. And yet, nobody even bothered to post a simple reply along the lines of "yes, it works" or "no, it doesn't work", which is what I explicitly asked (almost begged) for.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #133
knc1
Going Viral

"you did the work yourself" != "you did the work for yourself"

I was following your earlier request to write posts that anyone could understand, but I can not be held responsible for what translation systems do to my sentence structure.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #134
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
"you did the work yourself" != "you did the work for yourself"

I was following your earlier request to write posts that anyone could understand, but I can not be held responsible for what translation systems do to my sentence structure.

no translation system except for my brain. (yes, I admit that I never know when to use "do it myself" or "do it by myself" in english).

The point is: I spent some effort, and I didn't do it for myself, but for others. Expecting that those others could at least provide some feedback, so that everybody could benefit in the end. And the result was: I did the work, some other folks benefited (or not), and the benefit for the community was pretty much: zero - because there was no feedback.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #135
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: Err, you got the wrong file, I did repack usbnet for the PW (that's from a download from the post, to check that I didn't simply upload the wrong package ^^):

Code:
Checking update package update_simple_usbnet_1.1_install.bin
Bundle         SP01
Cert number    0
Cert file      pubdevkey01.pem
Bundle         FD04
Bundle Type    OTA V2
Minimum OTA    0
Target OTA     18446744073709551615
Devices        5
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi+3G
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G
Critical       0
Padding Byte   0 (0x00)
MD5 Hash       aea19ffb35240c2e9275135e19fcbf07
Metadata       0
:?

That's confirmed by the name of the bundlefile in your log:

update-simple_usbnet-install.dat

That's what the python packer did (that Yifan tweaked to build his first few K5 packages).
KindleTool always uses update-filelist.dat .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks