Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
Dr. T
Edge User

Are you trying to brighten the eInk side or the LCD side?

If it is the eInk side, I'm afraid there isn't anything you can do. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.
As for the LCD side, when you're on the home screen, press and hold an "open" area until the menu pops up. Touch widgets, and then put the power widget on your home screen. This has a button to cycle your LCD through 3 or 4 different brightness levels. I find that very useful.

Hope that helps!

Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
Danielle D
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Are you trying to brighten the eInk side or the LCD side?

If it is the eInk side, I'm afraid there isn't anything you can do. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.
As for the LCD side, when you're on the home screen, press and hold an "open" area until the menu pops up. Touch widgets, and then put the power widget on your home screen. This has a button to cycle your LCD through 3 or 4 different brightness levels. I find that very useful.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the information and your help.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle D View Post
I just need to see if I can brighter that screen just a little.
Dr. T is correct about the eInk side. If you want, you can use a book light, such as the one I use (http://www.entourageedge.com/accesso...top-light.html) to shine more light on the eInk screen.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
kandy
Edge User

Hello, I found this forum doing some research on the edge. Is it user friendly? I am not a real gadgety kinda girl,but my husband is looking for a chirstmas present for me and I found the edge and thought it was kinda cool. I am a big reader and want something more besides my nook from barns and noble. I was wondering if this is what I want. I have the program calibre on my pc and am trying to figure a way to get all my ebooks from there to an entourage edge. Is this something that is that can be done? Thanks so much. I have found that this site is pretty helpful and that you put alot into it.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #20
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, kandy

The eDGe is much like a smartphone. It runs Android, which phones like the HTC run, and it's designed to be pretty easy to use with just a finger. It's the same as using an iPad, or any tablet.

Reading books is quite easy, and getting them is easiest if you use the enTourage bookstore (which has a large selection and decent prices).

If you're familiar with Calibre, then you'll be happy to know that mrspacemen, a forum member, has created an app that specifically lets you synchronize ebooks with your eDGe. See http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...e-eDGe-library.

If nothing else, these forums are user friendly, and any question you have will be answered here, making sure that you enjoy your eDGe and don't get frustrated

Old 11-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
kandy
Edge User

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Good to know about the app. I will be looking into that. It looks like I know what I will be getting for christmas this year...LOL thanks again

Old 12-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #22
borisb
Edge User

Updated the original post with a link to the Video Workshops (http://www.entourageedge.com/support...barticleid=260).

Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 AM   #23
Andrewwang71
Edge User

Andrew

Ok, A really a good idea!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #24
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, Andrew I'm glad you found this useful