Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
BillMer
BillMer began at the beginning.

Device: Novel
Pandigital Novel

I don't know if this is the right place but I need to start somewhere.
I have the pandigital novel and have been relatively pleased with it up until tonight and it has done something I haven't seen any other device do before.

I attempted to update the bios using the SD card and I got the droid with the exclamation point. Not so unusual, but then the power and the reset won't respond so I still see the droid and the exclamation point.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any one ever fix it?

Thanks for any help you can give.
BillMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
ifriend
ifriend began at the beginning.

Device: none
pandigital-locked

let the battery drain to the point that the screen will go blank. Then connect the ac charger to the unit and all should be restored to prior to the incident that occured. When i attempted to transfer the 8-06 firmware it happened twice before taking the firmware. let us know the results
ifriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Mine locked up when I tried to do the notification bar hack. Like yours, it wouldn't respond to anything. I opened up the back and disconnected the battery for several minutes, put everything back together and it worked fine again.

Be careful if you try to remove the back. There are several pieces of double sticky tape helping to hold things together. You need to carefully slide the back down about 1/8 inch or so before the interlocking tabs clear and you are able to lift the back. The tape makes sliding and lifting the back piece a chore the first time.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
zsmomma
zsmomma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Pandigital Novel, iPod Touch
I also had this happen when I was messing around w/ the Novel and updating the firmware using a SD card, it also had the exclamation mark, but mine wouldn't fully boot up afterwards (kept getting the 'forcibly close' button instead of loading to the bookshelf).

I'm not keen on opening up the back of the PDN, so I tried the following: I connected PDN to my computer and updated the hardware using the PC method--problem fixed. Since the PC update was actually an older version, I then updated again using the SD card. This worked for me.
zsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
Amali
Amali began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
hey , how can i get the battery off the device ?
Amali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
zmster
zmster began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigitla Novel 7" white
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
Mine locked up when I tried to do the notification bar hack. Like yours, it wouldn't respond to anything. I opened up the back and disconnected the battery for several minutes, put everything back together and it worked fine again.

Be careful if you try to remove the back. There are several pieces of double sticky tape helping to hold things together. You need to carefully slide the back down about 1/8 inch or so before the interlocking tabs clear and you are able to lift the back. The tape makes sliding and lifting the back piece a chore the first time.
Ours wouldn't come out of sleep mode. I tried the "power & volume button" hold method: nothing.
I got the back off but can't seem to find a safe way to unplug the battery:
I cant reach the one side to be able to grasp it w/ fingers or pliers. The only way I've read online is by pulling on the wires (gently?) but that seems sure to pull the wires out of the plug...anyone with a better way?
zmster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
zmster
zmster began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigitla Novel 7" white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amali View Post
hey , how can i get the battery off the device ?
Found the trick from someone else . I couldn't get mine to budge either:
using a pushpin: "Anyhow, just press in and push outward in the tiny holes on TOP left and TOP right of the clip. Just a little pressure will do, once it gives you can "walk" it out of the clip holder..."
There's a Youtube clip that for some reason I can't direct link to.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/1678...__40__p__15345
zmster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Georgey
Georgey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Seems to be many bugs in this pd novel, thought about buying one myself, but seems as if the product has a problem with processing data/energy. Do you think it's wiser to wait for the next version?
Georgey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exclamation, exclamation point, hang, pandigital, update