Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 AM   #1
sse450
sse450 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to exit Calibre reader

Probably, a dumb question.

I am using linuxserver docker of Calibre server (4.3).

When I double click on a book, Calibre reader opens and loads the book. So far OK.

But, I don't know how close the reader and get back to the Calibre main window.

The only fix I found: Make the reader enter full screen. Then again exit full screen. The reader window becomes small and I can see the main Calibre window behind it. When I click anywhere on the main window, the reader window disappears.

Must be an easy way.

Thanks.
sse450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
right click or tap in the top third of the page to access the viewer controls.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
sse450

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
right click or tap in the top third of the page to access the viewer controls.
Dear Kovid, first please accept my sincere gratitude for such a wonderful software.

Yes, I can access the viewer controls. But, there is nothing in those controls to close the viewer and get back to the main screen.

This is the main window: https://imgur.com/wHF5h32
This is the control area of the viewer: https://imgur.com/r4uDM9c

Thanks

Edit: Back button of the browser doesn't work as well. It takes us again to the viewer.

Last edited by sse450; 11-19-2019 at 06:51 AM. Reason: More info
Old 11-19-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm totally confused. The calibre viewer is a separate program. You can switch between it and the main program just like you would switch between any other programs on your computer.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #5
sse450

I have installed Calibre on my linux computer. It works. The viewer opens up as a separate window. So no problem.

I think the problem lies with the docker. From the Linuxserver docker hub page: "This image sets up the calibre desktop app and makes its interface available via Guacamole server in the browser."

So, the viewer opens up within the same browser tab. As there is nothing in the controls of the viewer to close the viewer, it stays there until the Calibre docker is restarted. The viewer should open in another browser tab.

Is there another method of installing Calibre on a remote server?
Advert
Old 11-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There is a quit shortcut in the viewer ctrl+q IIRC use that. As for other ways of running calibre on a server, use the calibre content server.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #7
sse450

Thank you so much. Ctrl + q worked.

I will focus more on the content server for sharing. Thanks for the hint.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #8
FrustratedReader
Ancient Sceptic
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Alt F4 and two places on the title bar also close it on my Linux laptop (so Alt Space c works if the title bar is active).
However I may be misunderstanding the question.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote