Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 03:21 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
That iPhone 11 Pro Screen!

I don't know the specs. I don't remember Apple touting it much. But the screen on the iPhone 11 Pro seems to be a nice upgrade for reading from even the excellent iPhone X.

The "new" (this year) iPad Mini has a great screen as well. But there is something special about this year's iPhone that hits me as "wow, this is pretty nice!"
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 03:50 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Great. Just as an aside, I understand that you get a year of Apple TV+ as well since you purchased it since September.

I'm still planning to wait for the 5G version that is rumored to be coming out next year, but certainly the 11 pro Max would be a big jump up from my current 8 plus. I also see that Apple has a battery case for the 11 phones which is a must for me. I find myself reading on my iPhone every so often when I have forgotten my other reading devices.

Looks like the new AirPods Pro have been announced today. Noise canceling Air Pods. No indication of a new iPad Pro though.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated for the camera coming from an iPhone X. Really enjoying the ultra wide and as of 10 minutes ago...deep fusion. I never think “my phone network is too slow”. I either have connection or not. Ok...sometimes when traveling I’ll get 3g and that is TOO SLOW. I’m not sure what 5G is going to mean for me practically.

I want the new AirPods Pro. I’m not going to buy them. I’m not going to buy them. I’m not going to buy them.

Ok, it’s just a matter of time before I do. I have so many headphones as it is. When I really want to listen to music, it doesn’t have to be with my AirPods.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I updated for the camera coming from an iPhone X. Really enjoying the ultra wide and as of 10 minutes ago...deep fusion. I never think “my phone network is too slow”. I either have connection or not. Ok...sometimes when traveling I’ll get 3g and that is TOO SLOW. I’m not sure what 5G is going to mean for me practically.

I want the new AirPods Pro. I’m not going to buy them. I’m not going to buy them. I’m not going to buy them.

Ok, it’s just a matter of time before I do. I have so many headphones as it is. When I really want to listen to music, it doesn’t have to be with my AirPods.
That camera did almost make me pull the trigger. For the next couple of years, I wonder if 5G will make much of a difference also, but maybe in 3 or 4 years. Still, I'm trying to hold off.

The airpod pro really would come in handy to block out traffic noise. Way too many diesel trucks and motorcycles around here. I'm generally aware of my surroundings when I walk, so I'm not worried about walking in front of a car or something.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:37 AM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon

I just bought the AirPods 2nd gen this spring so I don’t see how I could justify to my wife (or myself) why I need another pair. I also have many other headphones that sound great...but I rarely use them as the AirPods are “just fine” and are always in my pockets.

The camera, though....I’m really enjoying the better camera.

As to noise isolating headphones outside. They are truly hazardous. It’s important that Apple added the mode that lets sound in.
Advert
Old 10-29-2019, 05:34 AM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I just bought the AirPods 2nd gen this spring so I don’t see how I could justify to my wife (or myself) why I need another pair. I also have many other headphones that sound great...but I rarely use them as the AirPods are “just fine” and are always in my pockets.

The camera, though....I’m really enjoying the better camera.

As to noise isolating headphones outside. They are truly hazardous. It’s important that Apple added the mode that lets sound in.
Yep, I'm aware of the issues with using noise isolating headphones outside. I'm a big believer in situational awareness. I always look around when I walk and look behind me for traffic. With all the people driving distracted, you can't depend on cars noticing you.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:41 AM   #7
hertavein
hertavein began at the beginning.

Device: none
IPHONE X 5.8 Inches (1125 x 2436 pixels)
hertavein is offline   Reply With Quote