Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #151
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,532
Karma: 29831669
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I went through steps 5-7 on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...72&postcount=1 and when I use my Forma, there's no changes. It looks like an unpatched Forma.

Anyway, I tried going through steps 1 through 7, and now I'm stuck on the error message I just pasted here 1 minute ago.
Given the error messages you are seeing, are you getting a KoboRoot.tgz file being created in the out directory? I'd suggest deleting KoboRoot.tgz and log.txt from the out directory, re-running kobopatch.sh and see what lands in the out directory. Without the modified KoboRoot.tgz file to copy to your Forma's .kobo directory, patching isn't going to work and most errors will keep it from being generated.

When you post the log.txt file contents, wrap them in spoiler tags.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #152
droopy
Addict
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 322
Karma: 800008
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Given the error messages you are seeing, are you getting a KoboRoot.tgz file being created in the out directory? I'd suggest deleting KoboRoot.tgz and log.txt from the out directory, re-running kobopatch.sh and see what lands in the out directory. Without the modified KoboRoot.tgz file to copy to your Forma's .kobo directory, patching isn't going to work and most errors will keep it from being generated.

When you post the log.txt file contents, wrap them in spoiler tags.
No, there's no KoboRoot.tgz in the out directory.
I deleted the log.txt file and reran kobopatch.sh. Here's the newly created log.txt contents:
Spoiler:
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch



KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.18.13737",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.18.13737.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": null,
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": null,
| "src/nickel.yaml": null
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }


KoboPatch::OutputInit


KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch::openIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.18.13737.zip'
Looking for KoboRoot.tgz in zip
--> found KoboRoot.tgz
--> opening KoboRoot.tgz
Opening gzip reader
Creating tar reader
patching entry name:'./usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0' size:17688356 mode:'509' typeflag:'48' with files: src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml
reading entry contents
loading patch file 'src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml' (detected format kobopatch)
| parsing patch file: unmarshaling to map[string]yaml.Node
| parsing patch file: converting to map[string]*parsedPatch
| unmarshaling patch "Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.PatchGroup
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBLX
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Un-force link decoration in KePubs" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.FindBaseAddressString
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceString
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceString
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.PatchGroup
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBLX
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBLX
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 6 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.FindReplaceString
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Disable all tutorial dialogs" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 6 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 7 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 8 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 9 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 10 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 11 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 12 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 13 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 14 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 15 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 16 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 17 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 18 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 19 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 20 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 21 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 22 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 23 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytesAtSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Only show stats SmartLink" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.PatchGroup
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.FindBaseAddressSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 6 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 7 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Hide top-left menu item - Activity" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Enabled
| unmarshaling instruction 2 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.Description
| unmarshaling instruction 3 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.FindBaseAddressSymbol
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 4 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 5 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 6 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling instruction 7 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=kobopatch.ReplaceBytes
| converting to PatchableInstruction
| unmarshaling patch "Increase TOC level indentation" to PatchNode ([]yaml.Node)
| converting to []InstructionNode (map[string]yaml.Node)
| converting to *parsedPatch
| unmarshaling instruction 1 to Instruction
| converting to SingleInstruction...
| type=%!s(<nil>)
| converting to PatchableInstruction
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #153
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,478
Karma: 3787216
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Can you post the code for "Increase TOC level indentation"? I think you did something wrong there.

And also, that error message shouldn't even be possible. I'm really interested in what allowed (*yaml.Node).DecodeStrict to work on a *kobopatch.Instruction, but decode to a type which isn't either a property or a *kobopatch.PatchableInstruction (which is verified in the unit tests...). Edit: there is one way, I think, which is if you somehow made an instruction null (https://yaml.org/type/null.html), but I don't see how you'd do that by accident...

Last edited by geek1011; 11-22-2019 at 08:04 PM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:29 PM   #154
droopy
Addict
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 322
Karma: 800008
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Can you post the code for "Increase TOC level indentation"? I think you did something wrong there.

And also, that error message shouldn't even be possible. I'm really interested in what allowed (*yaml.Node).DecodeStrict to work on a *kobopatch.Instruction, but decode to a type which isn't either a property or a *kobopatch.PatchableInstruction (which is verified in the unit tests...). Edit: there is one way, I think, which is if you somehow made an instruction null (https://yaml.org/type/null.html), but I don't see how you'd do that by accident...
How embarassing! I changed the "No" to a "Yes". But then I saw the next patch "Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug", and enabled that patch. I then went back to the patch in question and control-backspaced the word "Yes" and forgot to write the word No.
Code:
Increase TOC level indentation:
  - Enabled:
  - PatchGroup: TOC Indentation
  - Description: |
      The space indented Table of Contents levels are quite hard to see, as the
      difference is almost too small to easily notice.
  # Shift by 2 instead of 1 (multiply level by 4 instead of 2).
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x946F96, FindH: 42 00, ReplaceH: 82 00}
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:11 AM   #155
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DNSB's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,532
Karma: 29831669
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
@droopy:
Got to see that you now have the problem straightened out and in a 2 for 1 deal, given geek1011 a new issue to check out.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #156
NamKK
Junior Member
NamKK began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2019
Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis 2019
A virus alert on virustotal for the patch. Is that something the developer should look into? Thanks.

NamKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #157
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,478
Karma: 3787216
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKK View Post
A virus alert on virustotal for the patch. Is that something the developer should look into? Thanks.
No, I can't do too much about that one, as it's a machine learning
and behavior based one (https://blog.virustotal.com/2019/10/...der-theta.html). It's probably detecting it because it extracts a zip containing binaries, modified them, then writes another one. I'll submit it to bitdefender, though, which might help.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #158
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,478
Karma: 3787216
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I then went back to the patch in question and control-backspaced the word "Yes" and forgot to write the word No.
Thanks! That would make sense with regards to the error. I'll fix that later (whenever I make another major change to kobopatch).
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:55 PM   #159
droopy
Addict
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 322
Karma: 800008
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Based on what I've read about the Lexend font, In the Lexend family, six out of the seven have wide spaces between the characters. I chose the one that looks like regular spacing. It's called Lexend Deca. I'd like to read all my books with that font, or at least be given the option to switch from the Publisher Default to Lexend. But there's one book where, even after switching from Publisher's Default to the installed Lexend Deca.
On my Kobo Forma, the book is in Kobo Epub format (filename ends in "kepub.epub").

When I change the font in other kepub books on my Forma, I do see the change. But not for this book. I don't know why. I enabled what I thought were all relevant patches.

Spoiler:
kobopatch_4.18.13737/kobopatch.sh
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
SKIP `Allow USB storage even when device locked`
SKIP `Allow rotation on all devices`
SKIP `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`
APPLY `Allow showing info panel on random screensaver`
APPLY `Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading`
SKIP `Block WiFi firmware upgrade`
SKIP `Both page turn buttons go next`
SKIP `Both page turn sides go next`
SKIP `Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity`
SKIP `Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles`
SKIP `Change Wikipedia search language`
SKIP `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`
APPLY `Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts`
APPLY `Custom font sizes`
SKIP `Custom header/footer page number text`
APPLY `Custom kepub default margins`
APPLY `Custom left & right margins`
SKIP `Custom navigation menu page number text`
SKIP `Customize ComfortLight settings`
SKIP `Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)`
APPLY `DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget`
SKIP `Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height`
APPLY `Disable all tutorial dialogs`
SKIP `Don't grab exclusive access to event0`
SKIP `Don't uppercase header/footer text`
APPLY `Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights`
SKIP `FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - MyWords`
SKIP `FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare`
APPLY `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2)`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in KePubs`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)`
APPLY `Freedom to advanced fonts control`
SKIP `Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)`
SKIP `Hide browser from beta features`
SKIP `Hide top-left menu item - Activity`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Dropbox`
SKIP `Hide top-left menu item - Pocket`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Recommended`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Store`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist`
SKIP `Ignore .otf fonts`
SKIP `Increase TOC level indentation`
APPLY `Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug`
SKIP `KePub constant font sharpness`
APPLY `KePub stylesheet additions`
SKIP `Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts`
SKIP `My 10 line spacing values`
SKIP `My 24 line spacing values`
APPLY `Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks`
SKIP `Only show Pocket SmartLink`
SKIP `Only show stats SmartLink`
APPLY `PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled`
SKIP `Remove beta features not supported text`
APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
APPLY `Remove title from reading header/footer`
SKIP `Rename new home screen footer`
APPLY `Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen`
SKIP `Set KePub hyphenation`
SKIP `Set font scale factor`
SKIP `Set visible SmartLink`
APPLY `Shorten dictionary entry not found message`
SKIP `Swap reading header/footer`
APPLY `Un-Force user font-family in KePubs`
SKIP `Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs`
SKIP `Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs)`
APPLY `Un-force link decoration in KePubs`
SKIP `ePub constant font sharpness`
APPLY `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
SKIP `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
SKIP `ePub uniform font scale`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/nickel
SKIP `Change pop-up footnote font-family`
APPLY `Custom collection/author header title font`
SKIP `Custom new header/footer font`
SKIP `Custom page navigation scrubber`
APPLY `Custom synopsis details line spacing`
APPLY `Custom synopsis font size`
APPLY `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
APPLY `Increase Book Details synopsis area`
APPLY `Increase headlines font`
SKIP `Increase home screen cover size`
APPLY `Increase library cover size`
SKIP `Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart`
APPLY `New home screen subtitle custom font`
APPLY `Reduce new header/footer height`
APPLY `Reduce top/bottom page spacer`
APPLY `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
APPLY `Remove footer (row3) on new home screen`
APPLY `Remove forgot pin button from lock screen`
SKIP `Show all games`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
APPLY `Keep PDF pan position`
APPLY `Remove PDF map widget shown during panning`
APPLY `Remove PDF page turn arrows`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0
SKIP `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
APPLY `Default ePub sans-serif font (Lexend Deca)`
SKIP `Default ePub serif font (Amasis)`
SKIP `Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)`
SKIP `Disable orphans/widows avoidance`
APPLY `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
SKIP `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
SKIP `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
SKIP `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`

Still, the book is stuck to its own font, even if I try to manually switch the font in the book.

I noticed that changing font size in the settings does correspond to a change to the book's font size. Same with Line Spacing or Margins or Justification.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #160
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,478
Karma: 3787216
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
When I change the font in other kepub books on my Forma, I do see the change. But not for this book. I don't know why. I enabled what I thought were all relevant patches.
I'd need to see the CSS in the book itself. Can you PM it to me?
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #161
droopy
Addict
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 322
Karma: 800008
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'd need to see the CSS in the book itself. Can you PM it to me?
PM sent.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:15 AM   #162
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JSWolf's Avatar
 
Posts: 54,407
Karma: 51270872
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Based on what I've read about the Lexend font, In the Lexend family, six out of the seven have wide spaces between the characters. I chose the one that looks like regular spacing. It's called Lexend Deca. I'd like to read all my books with that font, or at least be given the option to switch from the Publisher Default to Lexend. But there's one book where, even after switching from Publisher's Default to the installed Lexend Deca.
On my Kobo Forma, the book is in Kobo Epub format (filename ends in "kepub.epub").

When I change the font in other kepub books on my Forma, I do see the change. But not for this book. I don't know why. I enabled what I thought were all relevant patches.

Spoiler:
kobopatch_4.18.13737/kobopatch.sh
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
SKIP `Allow USB storage even when device locked`
SKIP `Allow rotation on all devices`
SKIP `Allow searches on Extra dictionaries`
APPLY `Allow showing info panel on random screensaver`
APPLY `Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading`
SKIP `Block WiFi firmware upgrade`
SKIP `Both page turn buttons go next`
SKIP `Both page turn sides go next`
SKIP `Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity`
SKIP `Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Articles`
SKIP `Change Wikipedia search language`
SKIP `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`
APPLY `Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts`
APPLY `Custom font sizes`
SKIP `Custom header/footer page number text`
APPLY `Custom kepub default margins`
APPLY `Custom left & right margins`
SKIP `Custom navigation menu page number text`
SKIP `Customize ComfortLight settings`
SKIP `Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)`
APPLY `DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget`
SKIP `Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height`
APPLY `Disable all tutorial dialogs`
SKIP `Don't grab exclusive access to event0`
SKIP `Don't uppercase header/footer text`
APPLY `Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights`
SKIP `FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser`
APPLY `FeatureSettings - MyWords`
SKIP `FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare`
APPLY `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2)`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in KePubs`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)`
APPLY `Freedom to advanced fonts control`
SKIP `Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2)`
SKIP `Hide browser from beta features`
SKIP `Hide top-left menu item - Activity`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Dropbox`
SKIP `Hide top-left menu item - Pocket`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Recommended`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Store`
APPLY `Hide top-left menu item - Wishlist`
SKIP `Ignore .otf fonts`
SKIP `Increase TOC level indentation`
APPLY `Increase TOC level indentation and fix extra indentation bug`
SKIP `KePub constant font sharpness`
APPLY `KePub stylesheet additions`
SKIP `Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts`
SKIP `My 10 line spacing values`
SKIP `My 24 line spacing values`
APPLY `Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks`
SKIP `Only show Pocket SmartLink`
SKIP `Only show stats SmartLink`
APPLY `PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled`
SKIP `Remove beta features not supported text`
APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
APPLY `Remove title from reading header/footer`
SKIP `Rename new home screen footer`
APPLY `Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen`
SKIP `Set KePub hyphenation`
SKIP `Set font scale factor`
SKIP `Set visible SmartLink`
APPLY `Shorten dictionary entry not found message`
SKIP `Swap reading header/footer`
APPLY `Un-Force user font-family in KePubs`
SKIP `Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs`
SKIP `Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs)`
APPLY `Un-force link decoration in KePubs`
SKIP `ePub constant font sharpness`
APPLY `ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom`
SKIP `ePub fixed top/bottom margins`
SKIP `ePub uniform font scale`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/nickel
SKIP `Change pop-up footnote font-family`
APPLY `Custom collection/author header title font`
SKIP `Custom new header/footer font`
SKIP `Custom page navigation scrubber`
APPLY `Custom synopsis details line spacing`
APPLY `Custom synopsis font size`
APPLY `Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area`
APPLY `Increase Book Details synopsis area`
APPLY `Increase headlines font`
SKIP `Increase home screen cover size`
APPLY `Increase library cover size`
SKIP `Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart`
APPLY `New home screen subtitle custom font`
APPLY `Reduce new header/footer height`
APPLY `Reduce top/bottom page spacer`
APPLY `Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen`
APPLY `Remove footer (row3) on new home screen`
APPLY `Remove forgot pin button from lock screen`
SKIP `Show all games`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
APPLY `Keep PDF pan position`
APPLY `Remove PDF map widget shown during panning`
APPLY `Remove PDF page turn arrows`

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0
SKIP `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
APPLY `Default ePub sans-serif font (Lexend Deca)`
SKIP `Default ePub serif font (Amasis)`
SKIP `Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)`
SKIP `Disable orphans/widows avoidance`
APPLY `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
SKIP `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
SKIP `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
SKIP `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
SKIP `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`

Still, the book is stuck to its own font, even if I try to manually switch the font in the book.

I noticed that changing font size in the settings does correspond to a change to the book's font size. Same with Line Spacing or Margins or Justification.
Do you realize that the Laxend font has no bold, italic, and bold italic versions? I don't know what will happen. You might see the regular version in place of bold/italic/bolditalic or you might see nothing at all. It's really a bad idea to use a font like this because it's incomplete.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #163
NamKK
Junior Member
NamKK began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2019
Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Oasis 2019
Hi,

Is there any patch that could help me with highlighting pdf files on a Kobo Forma? Thanks.
NamKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #164
droopy
Addict
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 322
Karma: 800008
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you realize that the Laxend font has no bold, italic, and bold italic versions? I don't know what will happen. You might see the regular version in place of bold/italic/bolditalic or you might see nothing at all. It's really a bad idea to use a font like this because it's incomplete.
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I didn't realize that lexend didn't have bold or italics. is there a way to use the lexend font for regular typeface and then my Kobo use a different font for bold and italics?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #165
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.dmapr holds these truths to be self-evident.
 
Posts: 446
Karma: 126922
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Thank you very much for pointing that out. I didn't realize that lexend didn't have bold or italics. is there a way to use the lexend font for regular typeface and then my Kobo use a different font for bold and italics?
Technically yes if you fake the other variations by creating fonts named LexendDeca-Italic.ttf, LexendDeca-Bold.ttf, LexendDeca-BoldItalic.ttf and then using a font editor to set the internal name to be Lexend Deca.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instructions for patching firmware 3.13.1 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 56 07-01-2016 10:59 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.15.0 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 146 05-24-2016 07:10 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.16.10 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 12 08-14-2015 04:40 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.2.0 DNSB Kobo Developer's Corner 66 12-05-2014 08:28 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 285 08-27-2014 11:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.