Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 AM   #151
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Made my first Black Friday purchase. 10" Fire HD, white, 32 GB. Traded in a 7" Fire from 2015. Got 20% for the trade in, so it cost $80.

However I discovered I didn't get my % off on the 4k stick I received. Contacting support now. And they were nice enough to issue me a $6.25 gift card.

I decided to trade in an old dot for an echo show 5 for my kitchen, and another old dot for a new dot with clock. I hope I can get the discounts on both.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-22-2019 at 05:36 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #152
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Made my first Black Friday purchase. 10" Fire HD, white, 32 GB. Traded in a 7" Fire from 2015. Got 20% for the trade in, so it cost $80.

However I discovered I didn't get my % off on the 4k stick I received. Contacting support now. And they were nice enough to issue me a $6.25 gift card.

I decided to trade in an old dot for an echo show 5 for my kitchen, and another old dot for a new dot with clock. I hope I can get the discounts on both.
Congrats

So you got instant discounts for the Fire Tab and Fire TV trade-ins, but not for the Echo trade-ins? or are you thinking about doing it and haven't done it yet?

BTW, the next time you have to contact CS for a price adjustment, tell them that monkey wants a gift card too. monkey loooooves gift cards
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #153
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I did the fire tv and tablet trade in it took a couple hours for the discount to show up. So I will look at the echoes later....I started the trade in while laying in bed with insomnia at 4:30 this morning....

Is there any prohibition about trading in 2 dots and getting 2 25% off device discounts? Because if it's one per account, I'll cancel one of them.

He actually gave me a credit which is only applicable to items sold by Amazon, I think. I tested it on some MacMillan ebooks and it didn't show up. But it does show up when I add an Amazon device or ebook.

I'll tell them to send you $6.25 worth of bananas!

I think I will like the show 5 in my kitchen window, better than by my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Congrats

So you got instant discounts for the Fire Tab and Fire TV trade-ins, but not for the Echo trade-ins? or are you thinking about doing it and haven't done it yet?

BTW, the next time you have to contact CS for a price adjustment, tell them that monkey wants a gift card too. monkey loooooves gift cards
Edit to answer my own question: Promotional discount is limited to one per customer.

So, I will cancel one of the trade-ins. But why did they let me do 2 trade-ins if only one discount can be used? Just for the $5 gift card?? No thanks!

Last edited by booklover6; 11-22-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #154
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Made my first "Black Friday" purchase in years... picked up a Chromecast yesterday @ Best Buy CA for $10 off. Neat toy; I almost wish I'd bought two.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:57 PM   #155
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Trade in old table use to be a 25% off new one. Now only 20%.
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #156
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
That's right. They give 25% off on Echo trade ins, though.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #157
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following stores have already begun their Pre-BF/BF sales. See individual store posts for details.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #158
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That's right. They give 25% off on Echo trade ins, though.
Fire Tabs & Fire TVs get 20%

Echos & Kindles get 25%
Old 11-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #159
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Credit & Gift Card Promos -- starts 22 Nov -- Updated

Amazon
  • Amazon App: New customers will receive $10 the first time they sign-in to the Amazon App and an additional $15 when they make their first purchase on the app.

• Amazon Cash: Get a one-time $5 Amazon Credit when you add $20. Limited to first-time Amazon Cash customers.

• Gift Cards: Get a $10 bonus when you reload your Amazon Gift Card Balance with $100 or more. Applicable on first reload only.

• Gift Cards: Save 20% on select gift card brands, including App Store & iTunes, Applebee’s and more. See all branded gift cards.

• Gift Cards: Customers can opt for even more convenience and have presents gift wrapped and sent directly to loved ones without hassle, or choose from a variety of festively-designed gift cards to Amazon, other retailers, restaurants, Audible, and more. You can even get a one-time $15 Amazon credit when you purchase $50 or more in Amazon Gift cards (limited to first-time gift card customers).

• VISA Card: From November 15 through December 22, customers who are approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card will earn a $100 instant Amazon Gift Card, and customers approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card will earn a $60 instant Amazon Gift Card.

TechBargains
  • Gift Cards: Select users can earn $15 Credit with $50 Amazon.com Gift Card orders with Code: "19GIFTCARD ". If you're eligible for the offer, there will be a note on the page. This is for those who have never ordered a gift card on their account.

• Gift Cards: Select Users. Amazon Gift Cards are as good as cash. They are offering a $5 Credit when you send a $50 Amazon Gift Card by Text with Code: "SMS2019" (Exp Soon). Free Shipping and No Tax. You should receive your credit within 3 days after the gift card is sent.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #160
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
  • Gift Cards: Save 20% on select gift card brands, including App Store & iTunes, Applebee’s and more. See all branded gift cards.
Is there a coupon code or something for this? Need the iTunes card but it shows full price for me.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #161
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Is there a coupon code or something for this? Need the iTunes card but it shows full price for me.
I haven't been able to find it yet. The link I posted was taken from Amazon's press release for Black Friday and it's lacking several crucial links.

I'll keep searching...
Old 11-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #162
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I haven't been able to find it yet. The link I posted was taken from Amazon's press release for Black Friday and it's lacking several crucial links.

I'll keep searching...
Ah, thank you.

For what it's worth, just found it at ~20% off on Costco for members.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #163
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Amazon Credit & Gift Card Promos -- starts 22 Nov

• Gift Cards: Get a $10 bonus when you reload your Amazon Gift Card Balance with $100 or more. Applicable on first reload only.
When I took advantage of this offer last night, I didn't get the $10 bonus so I had to call CS. They didn't know much about it. After a bit, they credited the $10 bonus to my GC balance by giving me a refund from a prior purchase. They said that was the only way they could give me the bonus. They noted my call so they'd know what to do if someone else had the same problem I did.

That's messed up. Again, Amazon isn't prepared to honor their promos without having to deal with CS each time you attempt to redeem one

BTW, they interpret "Applicable on first reload only" to mean when you first started using Amz GCs. They scanned my entire Amz GC history to see if I had ever reloaded my balance and I hadn't. I had a different interpretation and was prepared to argue the point. To me, "Applicable on first reload only" means you're only allowed to reload your card once during this promo to take advantage of the $10 bonus vs reloading your card multiple times to get multiple bonuses.

As always -- YMMV
Old 11-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #164
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
This year I am in the mood to buy myself something expensive. If anyone sees something 40% off that is normally $300, please let me know!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #165
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
This year I am in the mood to buy myself something expensive. If anyone sees something 40% off that is normally $300, please let me know!