Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #2191
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #2192
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street #2) by Shannon Stacey (A/5 stars)
  • Finders Keepers (Mill Brook Trilogy #1) by Carla Neggers (B-/3 stars)
  • Daegan (Sectors New Allies #10) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 11-17.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	174993  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #2193
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Shifters Unbound, Volume 2: A Collection of Shifters Unbound Short Novels by Jennifer Ashley is pretty much what it says it is. Titles include: Lion Eyes, Bad Wolf, and Wild Things. The collection has dropped to $0.99/£0.99 at Kindle US/UK respectively. It hasn't dropped at Kobo US, at least as of now. I'm not sure of the publication status of this book/series, but at least a couple of people on this thread have mentioned it as a series they are reading/like, so I'm posting it.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB3ZK00
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KB3ZK00/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Welcome to the world of Shifters Unbound! Collared and controlled, bear, wolf, and big cat Shifters live in Shiftertowns, following rules meant to subdue their violent and animalistic natures. Humans believe they’re tamed, rendered harmless . . . but are they?

Lion Eyes (Book 7.25)

Bree has just decided to give up trying to be a Shifter groupie when a lion Shifter slams into her truck and tells her to drive. Seamus is on the run from hunters, other Shifters, and who knows who else. All Bree knows is that he’s compelling, needs her help, and most intriguing of all, wears no Collar …

Bad Wolf (Book 7.5)

Wolf Shifter Broderick is stuck looking after his three younger brothers and a Collar-less Shifter who is driving him crazy, but he’s putting up with them for Joanne, the human woman he, for some reason, wants to impress. Joanne Greene, while grateful to Broderick for rescuing her sister, doesn’t know what to make of him. She’s been a loner most of her life, better able to relate to computers and coding than to people, until Broderick desperately needs her help.

Wild Things (Book 7.75)

Lupine Shifter Mason McNaughton has had enough of the feral Shifter living in the bedroom down the hall from his. Nothing is working to heal the guy, so Mason volunteers to go in search of an elusive Shifter healer. Jasmine Samuelson, a psychic from New Orleans, is the best bet to help him, but can he convince Jasmine, who vows to have nothing to do with Shifters, to accompany him on his perilous mission?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:39 AM   #2194
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Shifters Unbound, Volume 2: A Collection of Shifters Unbound Short Novels by Jennifer Ashley is pretty much what it says it is. Titles include: Lion Eyes, Bad Wolf, and Wild Things. The collection has dropped to $0.99/£0.99 at Kindle US/UK respectively. It hasn't dropped at Kobo US, at least as of now. I'm not sure of the publication status of this book/series, but at least a couple of people on this thread have mentioned it as a series they are reading/like, so I'm posting it.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB3ZK00
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KB3ZK00/
Dropped at Kobo US now:

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/shi...bound-volume-2
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #2195
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Free:

My True Love Gave to Me (The Marvelous Munroes Book 1) - Regina Scott

-Originally published by Zebra in 1998 under the title: The Twelve Days Of Christmas
-Regency

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Kobo US---Smashwords
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #2196
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Within Reason (Mill Brook Trilogy #2) by Carla Neggers (B+/4 stars)
  • Cavanaugh Stakeout (Cavanaugh Justice #41) by Marie Ferrarella (B-/3 stars)
  • That Stubborn Yankee (Mill Brook Trilogy #3) by Carla Neggers (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 11-24.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	175107  

Last edited by library addict; 11-30-2019 at 11:40 PM. Reason: corrected title That Stuborn Yankee (not The)
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #2197
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you missed it at $1.99, it's now $2.99 at all the same places, which is still not too bad. @bluesapphires2k's links below are all still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesapphires2k View Post
Thea Harrison's Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1) is currently $1.99. I love this series.

Spoiler:
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful—and passionate—of the Elder races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave—although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul...

Amazon US
Google Play
Kobo
Old 11-26-2019, 10:54 PM   #2198
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Grace Burrowes' latest - released just today - is already on sale. I don't know what to think about that.

Forever and a Duke (Amazon US) $3.99
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #2199
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Was it on sale from the start? I'd be mad if I paid full price for a pre-order.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #2200
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The latest in Carla Neggers' Shape & Donovan series, Rival's Break (book 10), is on sale for $1.99. It just released August 27, 2019.

Spoiler:
A deadly poisoning, a stolen painting and a criminal mastermind challenge the skills of FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan as never before in their latest high-stakes case. New York Times bestselling author Carla Neggers has crafted a gripping novel of international intrigue and suspense not to be missed.

Emma Sharpe is recovering from a shattering loss while her husband, Colin Donovan, is deep into his latest undercover mission. So they’re grateful to enjoy a peaceful autumn weekend together on the southern Maine coast to celebrate Colin’s brother Andy’s wedding.

But the peace is short-lived when Kevin Donovan, a marine patrol officer, receives a call to check on suspected food poisoning at a party aboard a yacht. Colin decides to tag along. He is surprised to recognize one of the victims as an undercover British intelligence officer, and it quickly becomes evident they’re dealing with something very sinister. At the same time a valuable painting by Irish artist Aoife O’Byrne—a friend of Emma and Colin’s—is missing from the yacht, and the connections make the investigation international and extremely personal.

Emma and Colin discover they are up against a deadly foe who plans to strike again. With the help of HIT, their small, elite Boston-based FBI team, they must foil an attack that will have devastating effects. It’s a case that will alter their lives beyond anything they’ve ever imagined…

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

Harlequin

*it was $11.99 when I bought it. usually the price drops to $6.39 or $7.99 when the paperback releases.

She's an autobuy for me, but I do like this trend of putting such recent releases on sale. I mean I love sales, but it's like they're trying to train readers not to purchase the book during the release week.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #2201
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Was it on sale from the start? I'd be mad if I paid full price for a pre-order.
I don't tend to pre-order ebooks, so I'm not sure. Her newsletter said it was on sale for release week. I suspect the price was reduced, so people might have pre-ordered it for more.

FYI - I'm wondering if the price drop is because how short the book is. Based on ADE's pages, it's 220 pages of Forever and a Duke, then another approx 120 pages for the "bonus" novella. To be fair - I don't know at the moment if her other books in that series were longer. I'm not at home at the moment so can't check.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 11-27-2019 at 04:41 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:58 AM   #2202
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Harlequin is doing their 25 days of Christmas again this year.

I probably won't post the deals every day since they're still doing that must-read-in-app thing. I know I have personally stopped buying directly from them.

Day 1 is a calendar. As with last year, you get both the "uplifting" (sweet) and "sexy, edgy" versions in a PDF.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #2203
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Slow reading week for me...

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Wisconsin Wedding (Welcome to Tyler #3) by Carla Neggers (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 12-1.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	175268  
Old 12-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #2204
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Well, I didn't pay $4.99 for it when it came out, and now I'm happy because the fourth title in Lucy Parker's London Celebrities series, The Austen Playbook, has just dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

This price drop is possibly in anticipation of the fifth title in the series, Headliners, which has a release date of January 20, 2020, in the UK, at least - not showing up yet in the US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Austen-Playbo...dp/B07J3F86R2/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-austen-playbook-1

Spoiler:
Quote:
“[The Austen Playbook] is the apotheosis of why the romance genre exists.” —Entertainment Weekly

“Theater fans will devour this lovely contemporary romance.” —Publishers Weekly (starred review)

“Grade: A, for Absolutely Delightful and Adorable and Also I read it twice in a row.” —Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

In which experienced West End actress Freddy Carlton takes on an Austen-inspired play, a scandal at a country estate, an enthusiastic search for a passion outside of acting…and the (some people might say icy*) heart of London’s most feared theater critic.

*if those people were being nice

Freddy Carlton knows she should be focusing on her lines for The Austen Playbook, a live-action TV event where viewers choose the outcome of each scene, but her concentration’s been blown. The palatial estate housing the endeavor is now run by the rude (brilliant) critic who’s consistently slammed her performances of late. James “Griff” Ford-Griffin has a penchant for sarcasm, a majestic nose and all the sensitivity of a sledgehammer.

She can’t take her eyes off him.

Griff can hardly focus with a contagious joy fairy flitting about near him, especially when Freddy looks at him like that. His only concern right now should be on shutting down his younger brother’s well-intentioned (disastrous) schemes—or at the very least on the production (not this one) that might save his family home from the banks.

Instead all he can think of is soft skin and vibrant curls.

As he’s reluctantly dragged into her quest to rediscover her passion for the stage and Freddy is drawn into his research on a legendary theater star, the adage about appearances being deceiving proves abundantly true. It’s the unlikely start of something enormous…but a single revelation about the past could derail it all.

Quote:
I'm assuming this is part of marketing for the fourth title in the series, The Austen Playbook, which is coming out in April. I can't wait, and might even pay full price ($4.99) for it, which is almost unheard of for me.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #2205
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The Austen Playbook
Not my favorite of the series, but since I have all the other books, thanks for the heads up!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote