Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #91
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Has anybody compaining about blank pdf documents gotten a firmware that works?
Has anybody contacted bookeen about that ?
Maybe there is an other problem, like the 802 not being in a format
that we can use.
Bookeen probably have diffrents way to flash than we do.

Anyway, they probably had a reason , whatever that reason might be.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #92
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Has anybody compaining about blank pdf documents gotten a firmware that works?
Yes, it has been reported fixed - with the new version installing the fonts that are not embedded in the pdf (what caused blank pages) solves the issue.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #93
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
From context, branches. Possibly environments.

E.g.

"After the 1.0 release we created a new branch for the 2.0 version, so that we could do minor bug fixes on the 1.0 branch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
It is very common to have two development surroundings (hmmm, what is an 'ontwikkelomgeving' in English ??? ).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #94
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
Yes, it has been reported fixed - with the new version installing the fonts that are not embedded in the pdf (what caused blank pages) solves the issue.
Yes, I know. I just wondered if the have sent the new version to somebody that does not have it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 AM   #95
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
From context, branches. Possibly environments.

E.g.

"After the 1.0 release we created a new branch for the 2.0 version, so that we could do minor bug fixes on the 1.0 branch."
Yeah, I thought of 'environments' later. Branches is a good one though.

Thanks.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #96
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Krystian,

You obviously don't know anything about software development.
Well, I'm working full-time on developing commercial games in C++ for 7 years now. I see you're a man of informed opinions.

Quote:
It is very common to have two development surroundings (hmmm, what is an 'ontwikkelomgeving' in English ??? ).
One for the old firmware which is used for bug fixing (and of course once in a while this enhanced old firmware will be put on the new cybooks), and another one on which the new firmware-release is made.
That is so. How does that address the facts, that old firmware has not been updated and released for over half a year now, and enhanced firmware continues to be released on new Cybooks. Your words seem to mean that you agree with me on the matter.

Quote:
Don't worry, you'll see a complete new firmware next week (and probably with new bugs too )
That is precisely what I doubt.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #97
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Well, I'm working full-time on developing commercial games in C++ for 7 years now. I see you're a man of informed opinions.
LOL Point taken

Quote:
That is so. How does that address the facts, that old firmware has not been updated and released for over half a year now, and enhanced firmware continues to be released on new Cybooks. Your words seem to mean that you agree with me on the matter.
Hmmm, yes and no. I do agree that it would have been better service toward the customers to release an update of the ' old' firmware say once a month. But I can understand that something like that is too much trouble for such a small firm.

Quote:
That is precisely what I doubt.
Here I really guess you're wrong. I think and hope that you'll have to take those words back next week
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #98
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
We should make a bet on whether the new firmware will come out next week or will be postponed. I'm betting on: it will come out next week.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #99
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
I bet 27 cute kitties that it will be postponed

Last edited by kaas; 03-20-2009 at 05:41 PM.
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #100
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
I bet 27 cute kitties that it will be postponed
I don't know how to enable betting, but there is now a poll you can use to express your opinion.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42882

It's open until the end of March or so.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #101
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Here I really guess you're wrong. I think and hope that you'll have to take those words back next week
Actually, I would hope so as well, a year ago. But I bought Cybook 18 months ago, choosing it over Sony Reader because it was to have folders in next firmware version, which was to be released within a month. Also it advertized ability to display Polish language in html files, if only the TTF fonts with correct characters are installed. It does neither, and Polish language support isn't even in the future plans. I don't believe in any promises of Bookeen anymore.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:02 AM   #102
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
CyBook Gen3 with firmware 8xx supports polish
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #103
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Actually, I would hope so as well, a year ago. But I bought Cybook 18 months ago, choosing it over Sony Reader because it was to have folders in next firmware version, which was to be released within a month.
I bought my Gen3 on the first day that it was available to order. I certainly don't remember folders ever being "promised within a month".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #104
Krystian Galaj
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
CyBook Gen3 with firmware 8xx supports polish
So they're keeping it from me for some months because they don't consider it an update worth releasing?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #105
Krystian Galaj
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I bought my Gen3 on the first day that it was available to order. I certainly don't remember folders ever being "promised within a month".
They promised it in the next version - which was promised within a month. Only makes them break two promises instead of one

Tags
cybook, firmware, upgrade