Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Sync'ing collections

I have collections set up on my Paperwhite and wish to have them also appear in my Kindle PC app.

When I click on the Import Collections button in the app it opens a window asking me to select the device from which to import. But there is no device listed.

I have tried this with the PW Wi-Fi on, and with the PW connected to the computer via USB cable. But the PW doesn't show up in the device window. What am I missing here?
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Kindle for PC uses an old style of collections that is incompatible with the "cloud collections" supported by newer devices.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Kindle for PC uses an old style of collections that is incompatible with the "cloud collections" supported by newer devices.
Thanks, jhowell. Is there any likelihood of the app being updated to allow this?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
We don't know, however I understand there is a way of updating the cloud collections from the Manage Your Kindle pages on the Amazon site. That is being rolled out at present
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
tkavan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
We don't know, however I understand there is a way of updating the cloud collections from the Manage Your Kindle pages on the Amazon site. That is being rolled out at present
Thanks, Robmonster. I'll check that out.
Advert