Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
PGA
PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.PGA knows what's going on.

Device: Sony PRS-600
PDF zoom for the edge

How is the PDF zoom function on the Entourage edge? If you were to scan a few pages from a Textbook how able is the Edge to zoom in and turn the pages on this device? Can you save the zoom function when going through the pages or do you have to re-zoom every page like the sony? Also how is the brightness and contrast of the e-reader screen?
PGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
The zoom feature is excellent. It works a lot like a PDF reader on a PC. The brightness and contrast of the screen are great in my opinion. The viewing angles are excellent. Zoom is retained as you page through the same document. If you open a different document, the zoom goes back to default. My experience reading complex PDF files on the eDGe (scientific papers with graphs, tables, equations, etc) is excellent. The only problem I have with it is its weight. It is a netbook more than an ebook reader.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
I am highly interested in the Software Update coming next week. I am really looking for better power management and I am hoping that the mini-usb will be fixed.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Me too. Hopefully, all those issues are addressed in the update.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
The zoom feature is excellent. It works a lot like a PDF reader on a PC. The brightness and contrast of the screen are great in my opinion. The viewing angles are excellent. Zoom is retained as you page through the same document. If you open a different document, the zoom goes back to default. My experience reading complex PDF files on the eDGe (scientific papers with graphs, tables, equations, etc) is excellent. The only problem I have with it is its weight. It is a netbook more than an ebook reader.
Persistent Zooming! Way to go eDGe!! Really impressed.
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
Me too. Hopefully, all those issues are addressed in the update.
Were you guys under the impression that the update was announced as coming *this* week (i.e., by the 19th)?

Last edited by Batman Jr.; 03-18-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Does the Edge support panning while reading? like can you zoom into an area, pan to another, zoom out then flip?
I mean something like the iRex iLiad?
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote