Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
BeeReM
BeeReM began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
using v0.2 with BeBook

I have just installed 0.2 and find a marked improvement with the look and feel.
Also, I can now ssh to the bebook.

My only problem is that pressing the number 2 key for the Library does nothing.

ssh to the bebook works fine and I can see my sd card with all the books there but 'How do I access my books?'

I am still searching the forum, docs and all trying to find out how to make use of the package.

I tried copying my current book over to ~user but the Library still not do anything.

(My BeBook is the one with the 512MB internal memory)

I guess that there must be something really simple that I have missed.

Please help, as I cannot continue my reading and am tempted to go back to v0.1 which worked fine.

Last edited by BeeReM; 12-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
BeeReM

Hang on a bit, I think that I may have solved the problem, I downloaded the V3 not the V3ext so am trying that. Will get back with results.
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
BeeReM

Well, that seems to have fixed it. When I press the Library key (2) it now goes to the next menu.

It did take a very long time in starting up (maybe it was doing a chkdsk or something behind the logo)

Last edited by BeeReM; 12-29-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeReM View Post
It did take a very long time in starting up (maybe it was doing a chkdsk or something behind the logo)
Something like that. It was reformatting your internal flash to JFFS2 instead of FAT. Next reboots will be a lot quicker.