Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
drlolly
drlolly began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Reading Collins Dictionary

Hi, I have a fantastic French English dictionary which I bought for a Psion Revo ( also works for Palm OS, PPC, EPOC PDA and Nokia 9210 communicator) which is all outdated and broken. I want to be able to use it on my iLiad.
Does anyone know how to use this information I have on the disc in various file formats(mostly .sis ) and convert it somehow so that I can use it on my iLiad?
Do I need to be a wiz-bang computer programmer? It's so good and I haven't found any other that is so good.
drlolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It is going to be easier to buy it again in the MOBI format. MobiPocket offer several Collins dictionaries, including Collins French-English / English-French Dictionary.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Some tools do exist for converting some old dictionary to mobi, but you have to spend some time to learn how to use the tools. IMHO, it's not worth the time to learn and do the conversion, unless the dictionary is not available in any other ways.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
drlolly

Ive been told to buy another one and I have one for my mobile phone Nokia E80 or is it E90 communicator, but its a SlovoEd. It's not as good and for some reason the Collins one that exists in Mobi format is not as good either. so if you can point me in the direction as to what tools are available and I'll see if I can crack it. If it looks too difficult, then I won"t.
Many thanks.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
drlolly

Ive been told to buy another one and I have one for my mobile phone Nokia E80 or is it E90 communicator, but its a SlovoEd. It's not as good and for some reason the Collins one that exists in Mobi format is not as good either. so if you can point me in the direction as to what tools are available and I'll see if I can crack it. If it looks too difficult, then I won"t.
Many thanks.
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
drlolly

Many thanks.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #7
drlolly

Whoops i posted it too many times. Soz
Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
drlolly

I just worked out what IMHO was ! Hehe.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #9
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Tools are dependent on the format of your dictionary. You have to find it yourself. Maybe there is no tools for the specific format of your dictionary.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psion iliad sis