Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Lwio
Lwio began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Loading symbol? Stuck

Sorry if this was answered before, I tried searching.
I have a kindle, keyboard version.
When going to read a book the loading symbol, I think it's a loading symbol, top left corner, appears.
The symbol animates i.e. a circular arrow thing. The symbol then stops spinning and remains on the screen. On another kindle we own the symbol doesn't remain.
The symbol remains on screen on each page and in other books.
Tried restarting, holding the power switch for 20 secs, no change.
Some books are store bought some are loaded via Cailbre. The symbol remains on both types.
Lwio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
skootsh
skootsh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Hi
I have the same problem on the same device.
It just came up yesterday. I think it appeared after I tried the web browser in the experimental mode. I'm not sure though.

Thanks for any hint
skootsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The first thing I would try is plugging it in (using a wall outlet) overnight. A low battery (and don't always trust the battery indicator) can cause all sorts of odd behavior.

Once that is accomplished, I'd try the hard restart again.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Alt + G to refresh screen ?

Hi
Don't know if it helps, but try pressing Alt key and g at the same time to refresh the screen.

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote