Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
kelsoanim
kelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to beholdkelsoanim is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color and Motorola Xoom
Question Finger guided speed reading technique on touch screens?

I've been working on increasing my reading speed and have had some luck in training my eyes and brain to take in words faster and read clusters of words at a time. One of the most effective methods is guiding your eyes word by word or line by line by rapidly moving finger across each line of text. Problem is, you can't use your finger to guide your reading on the NST very well because you can easily accidentally turn the page.

For now I can just use a pen laid across the Nook to move down each line of text in a book. Are there any other makeshift tools you can think of to facilitate this? Does anyone else use this technique with their NST or NC?
kelsoanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I just saw this in another thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Root then use coolreader as your reader. It allows you to set different parts of the screen as touch buttons so you can disable the portion of the screen you keep touching or disable it all.
I'm not sure if this would help you entirely as I do not use it, but hope this helps!
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
You can set font size large enough on eReaders that reading books is like reading flash cards that you can read as fast as you can turn pages.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote