Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
tmnd
tmnd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow converting to ebooks.

hi,
i'm just wondering if there is a software plugin or something for converting to e-books. i.e the plugin that would allow me to upload my pdf in a webpage and upon upload it gets converted to epub or lit ebook and saved.

your help much appreciated.
tmnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnd View Post
hi,
i'm just wondering if there is a software plugin or something for converting to e-books. i.e the plugin that would allow me to upload my pdf in a webpage and upon upload it gets converted to epub or lit ebook and saved.

your help much appreciated.
It's not a web page, but I think you are looking for the package called Calibre. There are forum here for discussing it. It can convert almost any ebook form into any other ebook form.

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
There are a bunch of different programs that will allow you to do that. However, be warned, most conversions from PDF to anything else do not go well.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
calibre is prolly the best ebook app out there, bar none. Pretty much converts between nearly every ebook format out there and it happens to do about a gazillion things great as well.

No idea about a browser plugin that will do what you are looking for though...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
There are a bunch of different programs that will allow you to do that. However, be warned, most conversions from PDF to anything else do not go well.
Seconded.

Calibre (forums and the app site) have quite a lot of info on why it is so, and how to get the best job you can out of a pdf if you must.

Avoid pdf where possible.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert