Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
theksp111
theksp111 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Just rooted, now what?

What apps do you suggest?
Any tutorials or instruction manuals that I should read?
theksp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Did you root just to root? Or did you have some functionality in mind that you wanted your NC to have? After I rooted, first thing I did was use the marketplace to get a few of my "must-have" productivity-type applications.

Just depends on what you had in mind with your device, really.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Did you root just to root? Or did you have some functionality in mind that you wanted your NC to have? After I rooted, first thing I did was use the marketplace to get a few of my "must-have" productivity-type applications.

Just depends on what you had in mind with your device, really.
Exactly. For some people there is no need to root, as the default software does all they need. If you want suggestions on apps, check this thread:

Suggested apps
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
theksp111
theksp111 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
good question. I really want to be able to surf the web and watch videos on sites such as espn.com, mtv.com etc.

Also want to have MS office applications or similar on my tablet.

I've got youtube working so that's good.

Thanks for the help
theksp111 is offline   Reply With Quote