Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
AZBookworm
AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
iPOD - transfer epub back to Mac? with highlights and notes

Good morning!

I synched iBooks to my iPod to read some ePubs. Thought I would try reading on my iPod before investing in a iPad.

I highlighted some paragraphs in an ePub book and want to transfer, copy, move that particular file (with highlights, notes, etc) to my Mac.

I have tried iTunes and it seems to only go unidirectional from Mac to iPod via iBooks. I have tried just to move the file using "phone view" but that does not copy the highlights/notes.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

AZBookworm
AZBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't know if this will be of help or not...
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202759
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
AZBookworm
AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AZBookworm can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Thanks. I am wishing for something I don't think exists.

I highlighted a epub. I want to export the file with all the highlights in place back from the iPod to my Mac.

The next best thing is to send via email the list of highlights to myself. Then open the file on the desktop and re-do the highlights. This way is more cumbersome but it will work.

Thanks for all your help!
AZBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I know this is the advice I am always giving, but try syncing your books and highlights via iCloud. It’s pretty robust now and very convenient and the 5 gigs of free storage you get are more than enough for ebooks...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote