Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #46
pippo53
pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo ONE, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Mini
Look at: https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...aura-edition-2
pippo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:26 PM   #47
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
If I want to downgrade to the previous firmware version, all I should do is to sideload into the .kobo directory the previous firmware?
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #48
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Just updated my KA1, do not use this update. I bricked it twice, thinking maybe there was a problem with the software. There is, so I would recommend waiting to see what comes of this, and if a new update will come out. As soon as the update completed, my KA1 rebooted to a black/grey screen, left to deliver something gone for 30 mins came back to same thing. Re downloaded firmware with link supplied by PeterT (more reliable source afaic) and repeat performance. Going back to previous firmware till things settle down.
Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #49
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Going back to previous firmware till things settle down.
Jack
Did you just sideloaded the previous firmware? I don't want to brick my aura one so I ask before trying.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #50
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Just updated my KA1, do not use this update. I bricked it twice, thinking maybe there was a problem with the software. There is, so I would recommend waiting to see what comes of this, and if a new update will come out. As soon as the update completed, my KA1 rebooted to a black/grey screen, left to deliver something gone for 30 mins came back to same thing. Re downloaded firmware with link supplied by PeterT (more reliable source afaic) and repeat performance. Going back to previous firmware till things settle down.
Regards

Jack
See what GeoffR write here, you can download the FW 4.4.9344 (84,648,827 bytes) from here.

Last edited by oren64; 05-18-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: add link.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #51
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Did you just sideloaded the previous firmware? I don't want to brick my aura one so I ask before trying.
Because I sideloaded this version, it bricked. So if your firmware is working fine then your ok, in my case I bricked my device and had to do a manual reset. I have the library and data base all backed up so no worries to restore things. However if you have not used this firmware yet then I recommend you wait till things settle down. As pointed out several times, throughout the forums we do these things at our own risk. Its not a big deal to reset things, but sometimes the way of it is not as easy to find.

Bottom line just wait and things will settle down. I don't have an issue to redo things, but it can be a big PIA to do and for some that equates to an even Bigger PIA.

regards

Jack
Old 05-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #52
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
See what GeoffR write here, you can download the FW 4.4.9344 (84,648,827 bytes) from post #11.
nope no you can not just verified, the bytes are:84,642,940 bytes
so nope you can not.

again do not download this firmware
Old 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #53
aklenatlus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Because I sideloaded this version, it bricked. So if your firmware is working fine then your ok, in my case I bricked my device and had to do a manual reset. I have the library and data base all backed up so no worries to restore things. However if you have not used this firmware yet then I recommend you wait till things settle down. As pointed out several times, throughout the forums we do these things at our own risk. Its not a big deal to reset things, but sometimes the way of it is not as easy to find.

Bottom line just wait and things will settle down. I don't have an issue to redo things, but it can be a big PIA to do and for some that equates to an even Bigger PIA.

regards

Jack
Thank you for your reply, but I did not understand if it is possible to revert from a firmware version 4.4.x to 4.3.x just copying the 4.3.x file update on my kobo. If I can avoid a factory reset it would be better for me
Old 05-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #54
jackastor
Wizard

You can, but if its working why would you? And if you have not done this update and you do this update and you brick your device, you will not be able to sideload to go back.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #55
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
nope no you can not just verified, the bytes are:84,642,940 bytes
so nope you can not.

again do not download this firmware
It seems to vary. The luxim download link worked OK for me - size 84,648,827 bytes. I'm in the UK. Maybe that's relevant.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #56
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It seems to vary. The luxim download link worked OK for me - size 84,648,827 bytes. I'm in the UK. Maybe that's relevant.
Could very well be. And I wont dispute that. But for me, and really its me I am going to wait, which is unusual as I have done many updates super fast in the past years and this is my first major issue.

regards

Jack
Old 05-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #57
aklenatlus
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can, but if its working why would you? And if you have not done this update and you do this update and you brick your device, you will not be able to sideload to go back.
I want to downgrade because with this new update my kobo shows a more evident ghosting,and I read in another thread that I'm not the only one with this problem, so I'd like to revert to a previous update. So I won't brick my kobo sideloading a previous firmware?
Thanks
Old 05-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #58
jackastor
Wizard

generally no, and I understand about the ghosting. So if that's your reason than there should be no issue. You can back things up though if want just in case.

regards

Jack
Old 05-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #59
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Do bear in mind that there is only -one- issue that this update fixes that could affect the KA1, and that is that purchased kepubs aren't marked as finished when you're done reading them.

That's it. Nothing else in this update changes anything for the KA1.

So keep that in mind before rushing to get this update.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:51 AM   #60
raca339
raca339 is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo53 View Post
Thank you!
I recovered my KA1 (but lost all my books).

I know have to look at how to put my books into collections using Calibre because I don't want to spend like hours again to sort my books on the device itself...

Edit: It seems that everything I need is here.

Last edited by raca339; 05-19-2017 at 01:53 AM.
raca339 is offline   Reply With Quote