Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
jamisonfitz
jamisonfitz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Question Kindle Book Description Metadata

I have used Calibre to update the metadata for a few books on my Kindle 4 NT, I really enjoy using the before you go feature, being able to tweet/update facebook with the news that ive finished a book as well as rating it. Some books in my collection are missing the View book description option and the same books are the ones missing the rating/share option. I assumed the metadata was missing something such as the ISBN attaching it to one book on Amazon... Updating all the metadata had no effect on it, ive tried removing from device and using Calibre to sync. The weird thing is I have other books in .mobi format that have the view book description/rating, they seem no different, just simple stand alone .mobi ebooks, does anyone know what peice of metadata makes this possible?
jamisonfitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, metadata