Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Cathy W
Cathy W began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Red face I've taken the plunge...

...and just bought a BeBook (V3 in non-UK speak). Not sure whether to feel pleased or apprehensive as I've sold some bits and bobs to buy it and just hope that it lives up to everything I hope for - basically, I want an ereader to read novels (classics and contemporary) rather than to listen to music, view photos etc.
Cathy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy W View Post
...and just bought a BeBook (V3 in non-UK speak). Not sure whether to feel pleased or apprehensive as I've sold some bits and bobs to buy it and just hope that it lives up to everything I hope for - basically, I want an ereader to read novels (classics and contemporary) rather than to listen to music, view photos etc.
Congrats with your purchase. Try to feel pleased and if you've any problems, you know where to ask people for help!
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Good choice!

Have a BeBook myself, and am incredibly pleased with it as a e-reader. As you say, I use my Ipod to listen to music, and my BeBook to read, and it is a pleasure to read on it. Screen is crisp and clear, no eyefatigue. Pageturns not taking to long etc etc.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
basshead
basshead began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
I think you'll be happy with your choice. Like you I use my V3 exclusively for novels & it's become my favourite gadget for some time now. There's a bit of a learning curve re best book format (FictionBook .fb2 is my preference), conversion software & firmware (I've found the LBook firmware the most reliable & flexible so far). A bit of time & patience & you'll soon work out what suits you best & this forum is always helpful if you get stuck.

Enjoy!
basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Like basshead, I use my eBook readers for recreational reading. Predominantly fiction. I haven't found a device that I think would be suitable for reading/referencing technical documents -- other than a computer of some kind. And, as you and others have said, I'm not interested in using the eBook reader for audio (music *or* audio books) or photos.

Now that you've made your decision and purchased your device, it's time to get even more involved here at MobileRead. Obviously you can download books from the repository. But also join the discussions. Tell us what books you're reading -- what you like and what you don't like.

I'm glad you found the right device and hope you enjoy it very much.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
Cathy W
Cathy W began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Thanks for the welcome! I don't know if you are based in the UK but there has been a lot of coverage of the Sony e-reader which is getting a big launch here - as a result, there has been a good deal of debate over the e-readers with purists hating it and gadget-heads loving it. I am in the middle but I love the idea of having my fave books/poems on one device that I can carry around. It's the same with music and my ipod. Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting my Bebook - I didn't go with Sony because I didn't want to feel locked in to one shop and it doesn't work too easily with a Mac (so I've been told) and the Bebook fits with what I want. So, what are the best ebookshops that are accessible from the UK?
Cathy W is offline   Reply With Quote