Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #1696
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
Ok. I've looked at the size of the biggest html file in the problem catalog on calibre as an epub: 263.6 Kb, that is the same as the size of the same file in the present working catalog. If the increase in individual html files is proportional to that of the increase from epub to kepub of the present functioning catalog (a big if), it would make the biggest html file at 381 Kb, which would be reasonable, and anyway works presently on the new one.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #1697
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
I think if you do a epub to epub conversion (with the maximum size option set appropriately) calibre will split huge files like that.

If I recall correctly, the epub editor also has an option to manually split them.

I suppose the catalog generator probably should also auto-split, but it's not too hard to do it via one of the other mechanisms if you remember.

I just fixed a downloaded epub yesterday that was crashing my kobo by both running it through the editor's autocorrect methods and doing an epub-epub conversion.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 06:28 AM   #1698
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello --

Up until recently, every epub I sent to my Kobo Aura HD automatically was converted to a kepub. I never had to do anything. Simply selecting an epub and choosing "send to device" would automatically turn it into a kepub on the device. Now, this no longer happens.

I am running the latest version of Calibre, and the plugin, and my Kobo is also running the most recent firmware.

I added the KePub Output plugin (which I hadn't needed before) but still books are only winding up on my Kobo as epubs, not kepubs. (I thought that adding this might solve the problem.)

Has something changed? Is there anything I can do to get kepubs on my device?

Thanks!

Last edited by Filmbrain; 04-12-2017 at 06:39 AM.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #1699
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbrain View Post
Has something changed? Is there anything I can do to get kepubs on my device?
Check Preferences -> Plugins -> KoboTouchExtended -> Customize Plugin -> Extended -> 'Enable Extended Kobo Features'.

Probably that isn't checked any more. That leaves the question how it got that way, but that's probably going to stay a mystery

If it is checked, the plot thickens...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:59 AM   #1700
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Check Preferences -> Plugins -> KoboTouchExtended -> Customize Plugin -> Extended -> 'Enable Extended Kobo Features'.

Probably that isn't checked any more. That leaves the question how it got that way, but that's probably going to stay a mystery

If it is checked, the plot thickens...
It is checked....
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #1701
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The other things to check is that the extended driver is still enabled, and that there aren't any errors when the books are sent. There is an option in the driver to send the book as an epub if there are problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #1702
Filmbrain
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The other things to check is that the extended driver is still enabled, and that there aren't any errors when the books are sent. There is an option in the driver to send the book as an epub if there are problems.
How can I determine if there are errors?
Old 04-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #1703
Filmbrain
Connoisseur

Quote:
Another strange thing -- if in the KoboTouch Extended plugin I uncheck epub from the list of file formats, and I send an epub to the device, it converts it to PDF, even though kepub is checked and at the top of the list.

UPDATE: If I uncheck all formats except kepub, and I try to send a book to my device, I get the following:

calibre, version 2.82.0
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

Really at a loss here....

Last edited by Filmbrain; 04-12-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #1704
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you have the option set to skip errors, unset it and send a book. Any errors should be displayed.
Quote:
Another strange thing -- if in the KoboTouch Extended plugin I uncheck epub from the list of file formats, and I send an epub to the device, it converts it to PDF, even though kepub is checked and at the top of the list.

UPDATE: If I uncheck all formats except kepub, and I try to send a book to my device, I get the following:

calibre, version 2.82.0
WARNING: No suitable formats: Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first.

Really at a loss here....
And that is working correctly.

The list of formats is the preference order to choose a format and send if they are in the calibre library. When you send a book to the device, calibre it looks through the format list until it finds a supported format for the book. If it doesn't find one, it does a conversion to a supported format. I would have said it used the first selected format in the driver, but maybe it is using the conversion options. Or, you don't have the Kepub Output plugin installed and enabled.

This is all standard calibre and how it works. But, the KoboTouchExtended driver does one extra thing. If the book being sent is an epub, it is modified on the fly to be a kepub. This only happens if the book being sent is an epub, or gets converted to an epub during the send.

If there are no errors showing at any time, then we need a debug log. Restore all the options to what they were before and restart calibre in debug mode. Then, connect the device and send a book. After that has finished, close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the contents of the log so we can see what is happening.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #1705
Filmbrain
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you have the option set to skip errors, unset it and send a book. Any errors should be displayed.

And that is working correctly.

The list of formats is the preference order to choose a format and send if they are in the calibre library. When you send a book to the device, calibre it looks through the format list until it finds a supported format for the book. If it doesn't find one, it does a conversion to a supported format. I would have said it used the first selected format in the driver, but maybe it is using the conversion options. Or, you don't have the Kepub Output plugin installed and enabled.

This is all standard calibre and how it works. But, the KoboTouchExtended driver does one extra thing. If the book being sent is an epub, it is modified on the fly to be a kepub. This only happens if the book being sent is an epub, or gets converted to an epub during the send.

If there are no errors showing at any time, then we need a debug log. Restore all the options to what they were before and restart calibre in debug mode. Then, connect the device and send a book. After that has finished, close calibre and the debug log will be displayed. Post the contents of the log so we can see what is happening.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Well, just to humiliate me (I'm sure) when I restarted in debug mode and attempted to transfer the same two books, they worked perfectly, and came through as kepubs. I then restarted Calibre normally, transferred another book, and it too was fine.

For days now, no matter how many times I restarted, or rebooted my device, it would not work. Not sure why it does now, but I'm happy that it does.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:24 PM   #1706
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
For days now, no matter how many times I restarted, or rebooted my device, it would not work. Not sure why it does now, but I'm happy that it does.
To quote the sign one co-worker used to have above his desk: We don't believe in miracles, we just depend on them. I think it's a variant on a quote from Lawrence Peters(?).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #1707
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
It's just the"asking for help" law in informatics. You are stuck with a problem for hours/days/months, and when you finally ask for help, everything works fine in front of the expert 😅
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #1708
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
It's just the"asking for help" law in informatics. You are stuck with a problem for hours/days/months, and when you finally ask for help, everything works fine in front of the expert 😅
Of course, where would the enjoyment be in other case?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:23 AM   #1709
k_k_kls
k_k_kls began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
kobo aura one,firmware 4.3.9084

I install kobotouchextended,add a book to calibre,edit metadata in calibre,send to device.
If the book sent to device is .epub,metadata shows well on Kobo.
If the book sent to device is .kepub or .cbz,metadata shows on kobo as I did not edit it.

Did I do something wrong?I do not kown how to solve this,help please.
k_k_kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:23 AM   #1710
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That is working as expected. Calibre updates the book with the latest version of the metadata when sending the book. But, it needs to know how to do this. epubs are fully supported. But, calibre doesn't include plugins to write the metadata to kepub or CBZ formats. For kepubs, you need the Kepub Metadata Writer plugin. For CBZ, I think you need Embed Comic Metadata.

The other side of this is the ereader. Kobo ereaders will get the metadata from epubs and kepubs. But, I don't think they read CBR or CBZ.

Tags
error, kobo aura one