Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not a Kobo Aura problem. Kobo's do not have problems with different font sizes in the same eBook.
Don't be so defensive of Kobo. Geoff was just suggesting that it isn't the font sizes at all, but rather accidentally activating pinch to zoom might have made font sizes change accidentally. I know I did that myself a while back and learned to turn pinch to zoom off.

I will say though, reading OPs original post, I don't think that's the problem. Pinch to zoom would change all fonts in the book and he mentioned font sizes would change paragraph to paragraph.

If you are comfortable with Sigil or Calibre's eBook editor, you can change it that way. Depending on how badly put together the book is, it could be a time-consuming headache. But with enough patience, it is a sure-fire way to correct the problem.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:34 AM   #17
rawling
rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.rawling can talk to the animals.

Device: tolino vision 2
yeah i have the same problem, did you manage to fix it?
rawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #18
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hey, The Cod Father! Long time no see!

There is a small possibility that you didn't actually buy the book, but still have it legally. That's how I have my copy of The Wheel of Time collection.

Tor, which can be a fairly generous imprint considering they're owned by one of the BPHs, provided The Wheel of Time free to everyone who joined up to vote in the Hugos the year it was nominated.

I went for it because with all the e-books I got for joining up that year the $45 fee was well worth it...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #19
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If a book is up om Smashwords and you find it elsewhere, it's still the Shashwords edition at other places. The thing to do is dive into the code and fix the mess.
No, I had problems with a Smashwords mobi and the publisher sent me their own mobi version from their own site which was fine.

Crossroad Press - Empress of Earth - Book III of the Roads of Heaven by Melissa Scott - 12 April 2013

They inferred that the Smashwords Meatgrinder had done it. The only format that Smashwords will let you roll your own is ePub.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
No, I had problems with a Smashwords mobi and the publisher sent me their own mobi version from their own site which was fine.

Crossroad Press - Empress of Earth - Book III of the Roads of Heaven by Melissa Scott - 12 April 2013

They inferred that the Smashwords Meatgrinder had done it. The only format that Smashwords will let you roll your own is ePub.
The best format to download from Smashwords is ePub because you can fix whatever needs fixing and then convert if you need a format other than ePub.

I do agree it probably was the meatgrinder grinding a poorly made Word document. But the thing is, Smashwords could be so much better if they STOPPED using Word documents and used ePub eBooks as the source.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote