Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Plex +analogue app for audiobooks

Positive reporting is encouraging me to look again at Plex for audiobooks.
E.g.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/commen..._plex_ios_now/

But that app is iOS only, I need something similar for android.

Would welcome feedback here on analogue, if anyone is using it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
So what is Plex? I *am* on iOS, so this sounds interesting, for books that are not based from the Audible store. I have a few of such books, and haven't figured out how to listen to them on my phone. Do I need this unexplained PLEX thing, before Prologue works?

Or have you a better suggestion to play downloaded audiobooks, from my phone?

(Hope I'm not hijacking your thread)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:37 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So what is Plex? ..
Or have you a better suggestion to play downloaded audiobooks, from my phone?

(Hope I'm not hijacking your thread)
LMGTFY

plex.tv

Free Live TV

Ultimate Live TV & DVR
On Demand
Movies & Shows

Podcasts

Web Shows

News
Your Media
Films & TV

Music

Photos & videos

Virtual Reality
Community
Blog

The Watch List

Plex Labs
Premium
Plex Pass

Ultimate Live TV & DVR

TIDAL Music
My Account Launch
Stream Free Live TV on Plex
Tune In
Live TV
Stream 80+ channels for free. Upgrade to the ultimate TV experience to watch and record local shows, news and sports.

Watch Now
Free Films & Shows
Stream over 14,000 free on-demand films and shows from Warner Brothers, Crackle, Lionsgate, MGM and more.

Dive In
Your Media
Curate and stream your personal collection of films, TV, music and photos anywhere on all your devices.

stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:12 AM   #4
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
LMGTFY

[/I]
Such a missed opportunity: https://bfy.tw/P0Ss

Honestly though, Plex is a media center software that supports plugins, e.g. with DVR or IPTV functionality or even Audiobook support.

You can sind several guides how to set this up, e.g. here or here.

However, there's no support for audible or spotify at the moment.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ah, thanks. Not what I'm looking for then. (I don't do TV, so I've no use for the rest of it.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote