Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Graphite Jetbook $180 at Frys

Graphite Jetbook $180 at Frys

http://www.frys.com/product/5777932

Unlike the April deal there doesn't seem to be free shippping.

Limit 1 per Household.
(when purchased between 09/11/2009 and 09/17/2009)
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I finally broke down and ordered a jetBook from BB&B yesterday. They sent me a 20% off coupon good for on-line sales. That made the price $159. With shipping and sales tax, that came to a little over $180 total.

I don't know if it would apply to anyone who signs up for their online stuff, but it might be worth a look.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
NEWEGG sell White jetBook for $169.99 - Free shipping and no Tax(outside of CA)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
NEWEGG sell White jetBook for $169.99 - Free shipping and no Tax(outside of CA)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723004
Well, they do charge sales tax in states where they have a business presence. I live in TN where they have a facility of some sort in Memphis and I get charged sales tax on every order. I choose Fry's over New Egg often because of the sales tax issue. It's almost 10% in TN.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
Well, they do charge sales tax in states where they have a business presence. I live in TN where they have a facility of some sort in Memphis and I get charged sales tax on every order. I choose Fry's over New Egg often because of the sales tax issue. It's almost 10% in TN.
by law your still required to pay the sales tax, just nobody does.

but anyway. yeah get it at bed bath and beyond. you can get 20% off coupons all over the place. unless frys has free shipping and no tax.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
I finally broke down and ordered a jetBook from BB&B yesterday. They sent me a 20% off coupon good for on-line sales. That made the price $159. With shipping and sales tax, that came to a little over $180 total.

I don't know if it would apply to anyone who signs up for their online stuff, but it might be worth a look.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
congrats on your purchase jack!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Welcome to the club!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Fry's really needs to update their Jetbook info.

Quote:
The ECTACO jetBook e-Book Reader supports .txt, .pdf, .fb2 and .jpg file formats
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Fry's really needs to update their Jetbook info.
Agree. NewEgg updated it a long time ago.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Agree. NewEgg updated it a long time ago.
If I read the supported formats and did not know better, I'd pass on the Jetbook for not supporting what I want. Plus, it would help if they also said they are all without DRM just to be fair.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
If I read the supported formats and did not know better, I'd pass on the Jetbook for not supporting what I want. Plus, it would help if they also said they are all without DRM just to be fair.
$169.99 is the best price for eBook reader now. If you pay less DRM suport is not important especially for people who read non DRMed books.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
we all know that none of us do it - but if you really dont know what it means to strip a DRM then just Google it
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote