Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
ADW free

I decided to try the free version from 1 Mobile Market and it's working just fine. I have the pretty Jelly Bean wallpaper which does not go away when the KFHD goes to sleep. It's lovely.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

No, I'm not rooted. AllI need now is a very minimalistic clock widget. Any suggestions?
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Thanks, I'll give it a try
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
iPatty
Zealot

The only problem I see with this is that it won't pop up when you hit the home button. YOu have to access it from the carousel. An extra step but not a deal breaker for me. The gloomy black background was driving me crazy.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
That's what I am using, the free ADW. It is very nice, I agree! You can add the icon to your favorites, so you don't have to search the carousel for it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #6
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That's what I am using, the free ADW. It is very nice, I agree! You can add the icon to your favorites, so you don't have to search the carousel for it.
Yes, but there were many posts here and elsewhere that the free version wouldn't install on the HD. I don't know what changed
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Free always tastes better.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
I decided to try the free version from 1 Mobile Market and it's working just fine. I have the pretty Jelly Bean wallpaper which does not go away when the KFHD goes to sleep. It's lovely.
How did you install the Jelly Bean wallpaper?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
How did you install the Jelly Bean wallpaper?
It came with the ADW. There were 3 or 4 of them and that's the one I picked. It's that pinkish stuff that's on the Nexus 7.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It came with the ADW. There were 3 or 4 of them and that's the one I picked. It's that pinkish stuff that's on the Nexus 7.
Thanks, though I can't find them or work out how to change the background. I've been in IT for over 20 years - you'd think I could work this one out...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks, though I can't find them or work out how to change the background. I've been in IT for over 20 years - you'd think I could work this one out...
At the top of the ADW homescreen, on the right, are 4 horizontal bars. They bring up ADW config. At the bottom, right side, is wallpaper. It's in there.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
At the top of the ADW homescreen, on the right, are 4 horizontal bars. They bring up ADW config. At the bottom, right side, is wallpaper. It's in there.
I did look there, but can't find them. And if I select another image, it doesn't show as my background wallpaper. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.