Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
What Controls Opening Screen in Fire

For some reason, when I compile my ebook in Kindle Preview the Fire emulation opens to the title page. (Up until recently the book would open to the cover graphic. I had recently been filling in the metadata for the several chapter files, which I hadn't done before.)

Questions: Is there a default/convention opening page for a mobi book format?

What controls the opening page that shows when the compiled book is opened for the first time?

What should it be for the cover file to be the first shown?

Thanks!
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
xmlgirl
Enthusiast
xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xmlgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
an answer?

Just wondering if you had an answer to this, I have the same problem. Thanks.
xmlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Jamestoo
Enthusiast
Jamestoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Reply to Question

No, I'm sorry to say that I haven't heard from anyone. But under the new cover format submisson rules under the Kindle Guidelines the cover is separate from the epub package initially; so the problem no longer exists.
Jamestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestoo View Post
No, I'm sorry to say that I haven't heard from anyone. But under the new cover format submisson rules under the Kindle Guidelines the cover is separate from the epub package initially; so the problem no longer exists.
You are more likely to get an answer to Kindle Fire questions when you post them to the Kindle Fire forum. This is the Kindle Developer's Corner forum, which is all about eink kindles (not the Kindle Fire).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thread has been moved to the Kindle Fire Forum.- moderator
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert