Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Well, would you credit it.......

I've just had Amazon chasing me - well, they said there was a problem with my method of payment - for an order placed with them, which arrived safely a few days ago.

It was a free ebook........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What was the problem?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Inquiring minds want to now.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Don't know what carpetmojo's problem was, but a few months ago I closed my CC for internet purchases. I took down a free e-book from Amazon and they contacted me too. I pointed out that there was no charge, but it seems their transaction system requires a $0.00 charge to the credit card to finalize the purchase.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile Solved !

Well, the problem with my payment method, anyway. The nice chap who rang me in answer to my ...detailed... email, still couldn't work out the free one, but did enter into the spirit of things by finding it very amusing......

However, apparently when my card was renewed (by Amazon) they do not update the details of your (Amazon) card, which therefore means the (Amazon) card they (Amazon) try to take payment (to Amazon) from... is invalid.

So I (me) had to go online into my account and, basically, tell Amazon they have delivered, authorised and registered my new card for use, (which obviously they know) and that they should take monies from that card - instead of the one they can't take monies from because it's invalid.

I suppose it's security or something , but I definitely didn't think of it.
This may be the paperless society, but it often doesn't seem to be any less complicated....
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I've got an "amazon.co.uk" Mastercard, too. It may have Amazon's name on it, but it's a "Bank of America" card, and Amazon know no more about its details than they do about any other credit card; you still have to register it with Amazon as you would any other card.

Glad to hear you've got the problem sorted!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard

Well, yes.....

Very true ......... but I couldn't've had such an enjoyable rant.........

But thanks for the encouragement ...

[ Have decided to give up on the free one - as I've got it anyway. ]

Strange.

Tags
i have