Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #14536
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
My sun is back to normal and once again, I'm a happy monkey
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #14537
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hot and the only cloud in the sky obscured the sun.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #14538
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Had a fantastic view of the eclipse here. High 80s F, a few high clouds, and 98% totality.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #14539
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We had a good view, here. The sky was great until about two minutes from the peak, at which time a large dark cloud moved in front of the sun. We had about 75 to 80 per cent* of totality at 2:44PM. The ambient light went from mid-afternoon to late evening. The birds weren't affected much -- since there weren't many birds out in the mid-afternoon heat, anyway -- but the crickets and cicadas were active for about 15 to 20 minutes.

I made a box viewer with a pinhole and you could see the crescent sun getting slimmer. I showed it to my son but he didn't seem very impressed. After weeks of warnings on TV about not looking at the sun or going blind, I suspect he was expecting something more dramatic.

Everything was back to normal by the time I arrived at the county park for my Monday walk. Temps were in the high 80's (F) and it was very humid.

EDIT: On TV tonight they described the eclipse as reaching 85% of totality.

Last edited by cromag; Today at 12:36 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #14540
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
We had 99.8% view of totality. Even from my bedroom you could watch the light get darker and darker. No birds was singing as it was 100F out.

Hubby went outside but I stayed indoors. We both have migraines now. He had to come home from work because he got ill. I went straight to bed after the eclipse was over I felt sick I have no explanation for why it happened.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #14541
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We had 99.8% view of totality. Even from my bedroom you could watch the light get darker and darker. No birds was singing as it was 100F out.

Hubby went outside but I stayed indoors. We both have migraines now. He had to come home from work because he got ill. I went straight to bed after the eclipse was over I felt sick I have no explanation for why it happened.

Sent from my XT1528
Here's the scientific explanation:

Not satisfied with just eating the sun, the moon was also eating the souls of hapless watchers, causing them to get sick.

Anyway, I hope you two feel better real soon
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #14542
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Here's the scientific explanation:

Not satisfied with just eating the sun, the moon was also eating the souls of hapless watchers, causing them to get sick.

Sheer lunacy!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:52 AM   #14543
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Sheer lunacy!

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty