Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #181
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobohobo View Post
sergeyvl12, thank you for this fantastic piece of software. Thanks to you I can now use my Kobo mini as a travel chess set!

I only have one question, just in case:

I used the interal launcher to install your program suite on 2.8.1. If I ever wanted to uninstall KoboLauncher and all programs, how would I go about that? I am sorry if this was asked before. I searched far and wide but I wasn't able to find anything on this matter.

Thanks again!
Kobohobo,

I'll prepare the uninstall script and think about the way of it's execution in a few days. It will be enough to remove:

1. .kobo/KoboLauncher directory
2. launcher.png file

from your reader.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #182
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KoboLauncher is updated

KoboLauncher is updated:

1. New fmon (file monitor) version
2. All the files in one KoboRoot.tgz. There is no need to copy the files any more
3. Installation manual is updated
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #183
Kobohobo
Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Kobohobo,

I'll prepare the uninstall script and think about the way of it's execution in a few days. It will be enough to remove:

1. .kobo/KoboLauncher directory
2. launcher.png file

from your reader.
Thanks for the quick response! Your program suite has been running in a very stable fashion for me and I have yet to find a bug. So I don't think I will be needing to uninstall it anytime soon. It's good to know though that the removal procedure is just as easy as the installation.

I look forward to trying your uninstall script out when it's released. (Make no mistake, though. First thing I'm going to do afterwards is installing KoboLauncher again, haha).
Kobohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #184
sunda
sunda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi all,

the línk "Source code for KoboLauncher and Qt Kobo plugins" is not working.
any suggestions where to find?
sunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #185
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunda View Post
Hi all,

the línk "Source code for KoboLauncher and Qt Kobo plugins" is not working.
any suggestions where to find?
Sorry, will be restored tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #186
sunda
sunda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Ok, great!

Another thing:
is it possible to set the Touch to "sleep mode" instead of "power off" with the command "/bin/busybox poweroff" as mentioned in this post?

Idea is to set the Touch in "sleep" state and awaking from "sleep" instead of "power off" to start quickly again.

Any suggestions ideas?
sunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #187
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunda View Post
Ok, great!

Another thing:
is it possible to set the Touch to "sleep mode" instead of "power off" with the command "/bin/busybox poweroff" as mentioned in this post?

Idea is to set the Touch in "sleep" state and awaking from "sleep" instead of "power off" to start quickly again.

Any suggestions ideas?
sunda, Links to kobo plugins and launcher sources is restored. I've also uploaded the kobo_qt_toolchain.tgz file that contains the new kobo toolchain + Qt 4.8.4 build for kobo.

SEE THE FIRST POST

To install it:

1. copy archive to the root directory ("/")
2. sudo tar zxvf /kobo_qt_toolchain.tgz
3. sudo rm kobo_qt_toolchain.tgz

2. I don't know anything about sleep mode on kobo...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #188
kenoi
kenoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sergey, any chance we could get QtWeb (or another full-fledged web browser) running with this launcher?

http://code.google.com/p/qtweb/

http://qtweb.net/download.php

Edit: Even better! Let's get Firefox Mobile (Fennec) running on Kobo:

http://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/...sktop-machine/

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Build/Fennec

Edit: I've started a new thread for this here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219449

Last edited by kenoi; 08-06-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Started a new branch/thread.
kenoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #189
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoi View Post
Sergey, any chance we could get QtWeb (or another full-fledged web browser) running with this launcher?

http://code.google.com/p/qtweb/

http://qtweb.net/download.php

Edit: Even better! Let's get Firefox Mobile (Fennec) running on Kobo:

http://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/...sktop-machine/

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Build/Fennec

Edit: I've started a new thread for this here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219449
Hi, kenoi

I think that Qt web is a good idea. But I have not enough free time to implement it myself. Of cause, I can help if somebody starts this work. The most difficult place is vistual on-screen keyboard.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #190
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Hi!

Very unpleasent issue has been reported:

Quote:
Hi Sergey12,I have problem with launcher and apps; it loads perfectly but when I leave it for about 60 seconds without touch input, it freezes device and doesn`t respond to anzthing except pinhole restart.*I use kobo glo, ver. 2.8.1
Can I ask kobo glo/aura/mini owners to confirm it?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-14-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #191
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Hi!

Very unpleasent issue has been reported:

Quote:
Hi Sergey12,I have problem with launcher and apps; it loads perfectly but when I leave it for about 60 seconds without touch input, it freezes device and doesn`t respond to anzthing except pinhole restart.*I use kobo glo, ver. 2.8.1

Can I ask kobo glo/aura/mini owners to confirm it?

Not after only a minute but when I tried to use my Aura this morning, while it was in Koreader, there was no touch response. When I put it on a charger it restarted the Aura and showed 0% charge. Perhaps something with the 2.8.1 firmware can allow the frontlight to remain on at a low level, draining the battery overnight? Perhaps I should set the power saving options to power off after some time. Could be something related?

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #192
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Sergey,

I am using your screen plugin and I am very thankful for it. I found one strange thing. If I call a program with Rot0 (or if memory serves, anything else then Rot90/180/270) the top of the screen looks to West (as expected from Rot0) and the colors are inverted. It would be nice if we could somehow control this feature. I looked at your script, but I cannot figure out what is happening.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #193
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Sergey,
I am using your screen plugin and I am very thankful for it. I found one strange thing. If I call a program with Rot0 (or if memory serves, anything else then Rot90/180/270) the top of the screen looks to West (as expected from Rot0) and the colors are inverted. It would be nice if we could somehow control this feature. I looked at your script, but I cannot figure out what is happening.
tshering, The new version of KoboLauncher and apps will be ready in a few days. The rotation/inversion is fixed in the improved screen plugin. So, please wait a few days. Possible on Monday.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #194
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
tshering, The new version of KoboLauncher and apps will be ready in a few days. The rotation/inversion is fixed in the improved screen plugin. So, please wait a few days. Possible on Monday.
Thank you Sergey. I am not in a hurry. Do you consider toggling inversion by a command line argument?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #195
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you Sergey. I am not in a hurry. Do you consider toggling inversion by a command line argument?
I think it can be plugin argument. Something like:

QWS_DISPLAY=Transformed:KoboFb:Rot90:inverted