Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
No eink, but otherwise the new eDGe??

Just watched this video of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It reminded me of the eDGe when it first came out -- exciting possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgBxr4H59A
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Just watched this video of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It reminded me of the eDGe when it first came out -- exciting possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgBxr4H59A
They sure make it look enticing, but the price is crazy high!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Oh, is it? Well, it would be.

Luckily my eDGes are holding up well so I don't 'need' a new tablet!

I still want the Galaxy Note phone and am hoping to get the Note II for my birthday in October.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Oh, is it? Well, it would be.

Luckily my eDGes are holding up well so I don't 'need' a new tablet!

I still want the Galaxy Note phone and am hoping to get the Note II for my birthday in October.
The price on the WiFi version is about $550, that's just a few dollars more than I paid for my black EE. The lack of an eink option on tablets is annoying for long reading but the more powerful features and storage make them attractive. I still use my EE for long reading assignments but for apps and web I find a newer Android more practical.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

See this item about a potential dual screen tablet from Amazon?
http://liliputing.com/2012/08/amazon...cd-tablet.html

Nice to see you, CheyenneDonna!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
See this item about a potential dual screen tablet from Amazon?
http://liliputing.com/2012/08/amazon...cd-tablet.html

Nice to see you, CheyenneDonna!
That's an interesting article but the line drawing looks like it shows a device with a screen front and back. I like the idea but it doesn't seem practical; I'd always be afraid of screen damage if I set it down.
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I upgraded to the Galaxy Note - I love it! I thought I would miss the e-ink,but not at all! The battery life is great. I always wanted the Wacom option on the tablet side. This one lets me mark up pdf's much easier. ezPDF has been updated to incorporate palm rejection, so it works beautifully. The best part in my opinion is that the notebook lets you add screenshots to your notes. So I don't have to refer back to a drawing or email, I can just paste it in.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
glow
Book and Gadget Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
That's an interesting article but the line drawing looks like it shows a device with a screen front and back. I like the idea but it doesn't seem practical; I'd always be afraid of screen damage if I set it down.
Yes, no protective clamshell form factor, and likely no integration between the screens. Entourage really got it right.

Serena, the Galaxy Note sounds really cool also!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #9
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
Yes, no protective clamshell form factor, and likely no integration between the screens. Entourage really got it right.

Serena, the Galaxy Note sounds really cool also!
Actually, from the way that design looks, I'd be willing to be they'd be using a new eink panel and controller that is capable of FMV and is just generally MUCH faster than most current ones and would mirror the display on both. Being able to do 99% of everything other than actually watching videos on either screen would be fantastic and I would buy that in heard beat.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote