Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Problem with Kindle APP

Is anyone else having problems with the Kindle reader APP for PC? Today when I try to open mine it develops a problem and says it needs to shut down. I even uninstalled and re-installed the program and it's still doing it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are you by any chance using version 1.6.1 on a laptop running Windows?

See this thread.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Kindle for PC

critch70,

The same thing has happened to me. I also uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

I did email customer support, but they only said the uninstall...

I've been reading on my Android phone, but I'd like to get K4PC working again.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Are you by any chance using version 1.6.1 on a laptop running Windows?

See this thread.
I don't know what the version # is right offhand but I am using a netbook that has Windows on it. It worked fine yesterday but today when I went to open it it seemed to go through some process of updating or something and now I can't get my Kindle reader App to work at all.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
K4PC

I uninstalled K4PC and went to my Downloads folder and found the K4PC with the oldest date and re-installed it. This one works fine. I didn't see any difference, anyway. I think the new one has page numbers, but I always used the percentage.

The installer did ask me if I wanted to install a newer version, but I said to skip that version. Works great now.

Last edited by emoorman; 08-02-2011 at 09:55 PM.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote