Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #31
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
I'm not sure if they are totally correct but I used:

https://dav.box.com/dav
port: 443
username/password
sync folder /
destination folder /

It seems to work when I make changes on the tablet. But at one time, I tried replacing the file on box.com with the original version (un-edited) and it didn't seem to download to the tablet. I haven't looked into it more.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #32
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I'll have to double check but I believe the maximum is 32gb.
Try formatting it with FAT32 (not exFAT which the included Windows tools are offering). Use Linux or special Windows formatting tools.

Although Windows can read and write FAT32 formatted bigger cards.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #33
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I'm not sure if they are totally correct but I used:

https://dav.box.com/dav
port: 443
username/password
sync folder /
destination folder /

It seems to work when I make changes on the tablet. But at one time, I tried replacing the file on box.com with the original version (un-edited) and it didn't seem to download to the tablet. I haven't looked into it more.
Awesome!! Finally works! I didn't know you just had to use "/" on the sync and destination folder. Can't believe how easy it is to sync docs now I couldn't even find this info online. Huge thanks, Avenger!
kaiser s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #34
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser s View Post
Awesome!! Finally works! I didn't know you just had to use "/" on the sync and destination folder. Can't believe how easy it is to sync docs now I couldn't even find this info online. Huge thanks, Avenger!

No problem. I had to go through some documentation on how webdav works to figure it out. I think I read that Sony is going to collaborate with box.com, probably to have a more direct interface like we're used to with cloud access.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
PoisonWolf
Enthusiast
PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.PoisonWolf is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Good news guys, I just found out that the Digital Paper has dropped in pricing...a little.

It's now $999.

http://store.sony.com/digital-paper-...mvalue%3Dtitle
PoisonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #36
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
Hi, I have a few questions:
- Does it display every PDF without problems?
- Does it work with big PDF files (about 100MB in size) without problems?
- Regarding the crashing mentioned above: Can you open the file after a new attempt?
- How do can I order it from Germany?
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #37
smileman
smileman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Fyi, I've also been reading here that ownCloud can work but I would prefer to use Box so will give that a try, thanks:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Digital...-p/448296#M162

Last edited by smileman; 10-06-2014 at 05:15 AM.
smileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #38
PFT
PFT began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
New to thread

I'm having a little problem figuring out how to post a new thread to this forum. I found a Reply button so I'm testing it.

What if I want to add a new post that is not a reply to someone else's post? How would I do that?

Hopefully, this post goes to the Sony Digital Paper thread. I love mine but I have a few questions.
PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #39
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I would likely have bought one despite the price. What killed the deal for me is that it only supports pdf.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #40
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I would likely have bought one despite the price. What killed the deal for me is that it only supports pdf.
That's not a problem: With the help of the software "calibre" or PDF-printers you can convert any document into the pdf format.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #41
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Avenger,

Does sending documents to Box work for you? I just tried it recently and although it works the other way, syncing when I add files to my box.com account, sending from the Digital Paper to Box.com doesn't seem to work. I followed the same settings you posted.

Thanks!!

TWG,

- Does it display every PDF without problems?
Yes it does.
- Does it work with big PDF files (about 100MB in size) without problems?
I have medical textbooks around 500 MB in size. They work great.
- Regarding the crashing mentioned above: Can you open the file after a new attempt?
Sometimes it crashes but oftentimes if you wait it out, let's say you flip a page or open a new PDF and it takes really long (let's say 2-4 minutes), after that initial 2-4 minute wait it would somehow flow smoothly again with minimal crashes. I don't know why this is so, but it's happened to me several times.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #42
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I hope if it's okay for me -- though not a DPT-S1 owner -- to ask here. Has anyone looked into jailbreaking the device or opening it? Does it have screws on the outside which allow one to open it? Has anyone tried and checked the internal memory for accessibility?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:09 AM   #43
T.W.G
Connoisseur

thanks for your answers!

another question: Does the device support landscape modes?
- Is it possible to use the web browser in landscape mode, too?
- Does it support landsacpe mode for PDF viewing, too?

Until now I've only seen videos/photos with the device being used in portrait mode.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #44
kaiser s

For PDF viewing, there is a landscape mode but not what you'd expect. It doesn't fit to width, it fits to the height of your document. So if you have a standard letter-sized document the text shrinks. If you zoom in, you are taken out of the standard PDF viewing mode and into a "zoomed in" mode where you can't flip the page or do a "pagedown" (similar to what you can do on a computer).

For browsing the web, no landscape mode.

Hopefully they consider addressing these in future firmware updates.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #45
T.W.G
Connoisseur

Thank you.
Does anybody have experience with shipping electronic devices outside the US with services like Borderline? Their websites explains that electronics containing Lion-batteries with capacities bigger than 2.7Wh can not be shipped. The cell in the dpt-s1 has a bigger capacity which should mean that I can't import it to Germany. :-(
But this would mean that no modern cellular phone can be imported, too, because their cells do have bigger capacity batteries, too. I'm a little bit afraid that the Sony reader could be stuck somewhere in the US and my money is gone. ;-)

Tags
crop, croppdf